• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

LRDG TRUCK"THE REAL RAT PATROL""ALL DONE"

Re: LRDG TRUCK"THE REAL RAT PATROL""UPDATE 15"

I have been working on the stowage for the truck. I know these trucks would be piled high with stuff, but I don't like to go crazy with things and bury the model. Painting stowage items is like doing road wheels for a tank. Can you say tedious. Each item has to treated as it's own model; paint, wash, dry brush. Here is some pictures of the result. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome. Just a few more details and all done.

Terry B)

DSC07942.JPG

DSC07943.JPG

DSC07944.JPG

DSC07945.JPG

DSC07946.JPG

DSC07947.JPG

DSC07948.JPG

DSC07949.JPG

DSC07951.JPG

DSC07952.JPG

DSC07953.JPG

DSC07954.JPG

DSC07955.JPG

DSC07956.JPG

:woohoo: This is one beautiful truck!! you have done so much nice details and the painting is top notch (y)
I just have one small thing that sticks in my eye, and that's the jerry cans, the lid on the german ones should on the side not in the center (attach pic of my sas jeep)
P1080100.JPG

Don't want to be a "rivetcounter" just wanna give u a heads up on the fuelcans. no bad feelings i hope :unsure:
//Mats

Hmmmm never thought about that. Thanks

Terry :D

I feel like a bad person now... :( maybe you still can fix it?
You still have a couple of days left! :)
Finnish this beauty Terry, and get your well deserved ribbon!
//Mats

No problem on my way to correct right now.

:D

:ro: Hope it goes well send you some :zen :zen :zen
//Mats

Many thanks to Mats!!! His keen eye caught something I needed to fix. My jerrycan caps were in the wrong place. Went straight to the bench and fixed the problem.

DSC07958.JPG

DSC07959.JPG

Thanks Mats!!

(y)

Nice catch and good save! (y)

Looking fine Terry, well beaten and used vehicle. :soldier

Well I'm calling this one done. I might make base later on, but for know I think I have done what I can do. Thanks for following along. Here are the final results. Comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07960.JPG

DSC07961.JPG

DSC07962.JPG

DSC07963.JPG

DSC07964.JPG

DSC07965.JPG

DSC07966.JPG

DSC07967.JPG

DSC07968.JPG

DSC07969.JPG

DSC07970.JPG

DSC07971.JPG

B)

That is TRULY nice. You didn't even need the new Resicast set that just came out (if anything, they should have used yours as an example). Simply add some sand to the base and it is 100% done as I can almost feel the sun reflecting off!

Regards,

(y) Love it!
the slings for the rifles looks awesome, that's something i must try to make next time.
A Sbs maybe? :coolio

Back