• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

LOTUS 25 CONVENTRY CLIMAX

:) ... Greetings ... :) :
Not happy on my side to read of your slight issue with the decals, to be honest ... I was and still am following this model. My choice on automobile model is only NASCAR , but as long as it is a model, I'm there 100%. With all due respect, considering the disc size and the simple finish of the decals to be applied to it, the task is better done by hand. True there could be a little way to get around it, but hey, that's what modeling is about. And once finish, I assure you ... you will be smiling proud from ear to ear. I have seen your other work, you can pull this one off ... (y) .
Let me know if I can be of any help, I would be more than pleased too do so.
I just a month ago painted the M&m's on a Grand Prix model, the car was driven by Ernie Irvan , the decals ...
the infamous but outstanding and very eye catching ... SLIXX ... they tend to be VERY brittle, I knew no matter what solution, they will not have conformed to the curves. I ended painting them.
I wish you the best of luck with that task ... :) .

:) ... Greetings ... :) :
Not happy on my side to read of your slight issue with the decals, to be honest ... I was and still am following this model. My choice on automobile model is only NASCAR , but as long as it is a model, I'm there 100%. With all due respect, considering the disc size and the simple finish of the decals to be applied to it, the task is better done by hand. True there could be a little way to get around it, but hey, that's what modeling is about. And once finish, I assure you ... you will be smiling proud from ear to ear. I have seen your other work, you can pull this one off ... (y) .
Let me know if I can be of any help, I would be more than pleased too do so.
I just a month ago painted the M&m's on a Grand Prix model, the car was driven by Ernie Irvan , the decals ...
the infamous but outstanding and very eye catching ... SLIXX ... they tend to be VERY brittle, I knew no matter what solution, they will not have conformed to the curves. I ended painting them.
I wish you the best of luck with that task ... :) .

With another set of decals in hand I will be giving this another shot soon.

Thanks for not giving up on me.

Terry B)

Back