• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Looking for F-4 Phantom II experts

jknaus

Administrator
Can someone tell me if the rudder pedals in the F-4J or any Phantom for that matter are the same front and back? I just recieved a set of pedals for a 1/32 F-4J and it only has one set of pedals. Its from Barracuda. I wish I had noticed that only one set comes in a package which boggles my mind seeing as there are 2 sets in the aircraft. I thought you would get 2. If they're the same I guess I will have to order another, but I am not in the least impressed even if this one looks good. BTW it is 3D printed so lots of little supports to remove.
Thanks in advance.
James

Hate to disappoint but AF. Phantoms is where my expertise lies .
That said , I once got to look in the rear cockpit of a Navy or Marine F-4 . I believe it was an N model .
Hard to remember sense they were both gray.
That said , there were no flight controls in the rear cockpit but there was a small fold down table on the right side . ( Picnic or Maps ? ) .
Hopefully , the J models were similar .

Hard to remember whether it was Navy or Marines . The latter is always left overs from the former.
The Marines were usually the ones missing the parts . Got to look to notice that .

By the way , that was not an exaggeration . The Navy and the Marines ( in my mind ) were a lot more dedicated to getting the missing accomplished . They would fly airplanes back to the boat with hydraulic fluid in the fuel ; gear that would not go up in the well and other issues . The Marines though flew with parts missing that would cause AF pilots to go hide ( at least in conus ) . A lot different in SE. Asia as well . Those guys wanted to fly their missions and go home.
I had one to refuse my bird because there was a dust cap missing from an oil fill port.
That's a serious difference

Back