• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Looking for AM Stuff for a 1/48 SU-27 UB Flanker

Leopard2

I just got my hands on Trumpeter 1/48 Su-27 Ub Flanker and now I am looking for AM stuff? Mainly cockpit. Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer that makes stuff for the SU-27 UB?

Joe

Okay, I didnt know Trumpeter had come out with one. I dont know if anything is out for Trumpeter, but there is aftermarket for the Academy kits. They may or may not fit. Linden Hill makes some awesome decals
http://www.lindenhillimports.com/lindenhilldecals.htm

http://store.spruebrothers.com/categories.aspx?Keyword=Su-27UB

James

Thanks James, very much appreciated. Maybe Saul got some info too since he seems to know everyone and everything.

Joe

Hi Joe,

The best 1/48th scale kit out there, at the moment of writing, is the Academy release. Hobbycraft (who sold Academy molded kits until a fallout) is now re-boxing the second kit, the MiniHobby release. Many people call it the Trumpeter kit but the brand does not list the quarter scale Flankers on their sites.

Simply put, it is a cheaply done copy of the Academy kit. Also released under the Kitech brand, AAA brand, and a few other domestic China only brands (Zhengdefu comes to mind), I picked one up to see what it was like.

As a copy, anything that fits the Academy kit will fit the MiniHobby one with some filler. This is not sarcasm as the kit requires filler throughout without any of the upgrades!

Nose
Several out there but Quickboost & Neomega are the easiest to find
Sol of Korea is OOP.

Pitot Tube
Quickboost gives two in resin
try to find the metal ones instead, there are some from Asia on eBay

Cockpit
Eduard PE sets (really need to scratchbuild a lot as the cockpit is off and the PE is designed for the cockpit as is. Get a resin ejection at least if going PE)
Aires
Neomega (I own one but don't think it is one of their better releases, it looks to have been replaced)
Wolfpack Designs (supposedly nice, don't have it)
Others out there

Seat Only
Any K-36D is good, I bought the Quickboost since it is cheap and nice.

Gear Bays
Wolfpack Designs or a lot of scratchbuilding

Exterior
Quickboost flaperons
Aires exhausts

Decals
Anything is better than the Academy decals which means that the copied kit decals are rubbish. So, replace or get masks.

Beware of copies. If looking for an exotic version, I can see using a Kitech, or other brand, to modify an Academy base kit. This is probably cheaper than a resin conversion.

Good luck!

Regards,

Thanks Saul, that was a great help. The kit I have is boxed as Trumpeter but I did some research yesterday and everything pointed towards Minihobby. I think I shelve her for now since its not not an project. Thanks again,

Joe

Would you be able to post a photo of the box and instructions? I would like it for my database. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saul, I hope this helps. If you need more just holler at me.

JOe

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Back