• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Long coming Boomerang

phantom II

Master at Arms
Well, I tried to get someone to pull this one out for me but no one asked so I'll do it myself.

This Boomer was built from a Tazman kit. Quite pricey but not that great...

return_to_modeling_001.JPG

It sat in boxes from 1994 to 2004 because I did not know how to build a cockpit for it. One day it came out and I finally figured it out.

return_to_modeling_004.JPG

Once done with that, the fuselage was close an substitute engine was installed.

return_to_modeling_003.JPG

I soon fabricated some doors and cowl flaps from a mountain dew can and we were on our way.

return_to_modeling_002.JPG

Borrowed some quick boost exhaust pipes and some gun barrels from my junk box.

At this point I decided the kit w3ing was not worth the trouble, so I borrow the wing off an Airfix Boomer and grafted onto this one. After much scribing. At least if fit. Only had to add a few details in the wheel well and we were down to paint and decal, which came from Australia.

return_to_modeling_002.JPG

So, this is the story of my closet Boomer

Hope you enjoy it. Cheers, Christian B)

Speakin of Boomer's,do you have any pic's of the Aussie one you mentioned before Christian? :popcorn
Ah there it is. :nothingtoad :woohoo:

Hi guys and thanks for the compliments... :drinks I think I just figured out it's easier to post pictures of previous builds than it is to do an in progress. Hope to have some progress pictures of the KI-84 this weekend.

Cheers, Christian B)

:unsure: Hi Paul , I hate to sound wishy washy on this as it does not stay the same from one build to the next.
I would say start with Tamiya flesh followed by Tamiya deck tan. The dark could be Tamiya Nato black or chalks. Maybe a combination.
Hope that helps you some.

Cheers, Christian B)

What scale is the model? I would have guessed 1/48, but when you mentioned using the Airfix wing I began to wonder if it isn't 1/72. It's an oustanding model whatever scale it is.

Superb build and paint Christian :notworthy you have a certain unique style to your paint work that is really nice.

Tim

Back