• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Completed April 18th, 2020

Re: Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update July 25, 2011

That is awesome. Really cool looking kit, and I like the damaged windows. Pretty realistic looking. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

b_1194_5.jpg

Flashback to last year in Warsaw!

Regards,

Track-Link angry with Saul :laugh:

Bob, superb workmanship in that tram ! :notworthy :notworthy

BoB ,

Yes Indeed ! Great Work ! I love th Bullet holes ! I would like to add, Great Marksmanship , as They didn't damage th Signage !! :D

:drinks

Very good work as usual!! (y)

B)

Re: Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update 4/24/11

That looks so cool!

Thanks son! Appreciate it!

That is awesome. Really cool looking kit, and I like the damaged windows. Pretty realistic looking. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Glad you liked the windows James! I had attempted making safety glass before, there was so much glass in this, it is close to being overdone!

Bob

b_1194_5.jpg

Flashback to last year in Warsaw!

Regards,

Your picture didn't show up Saul!

Bob

Track-Link angry with Saul :laugh:

Bob, superb workmanship in that tram ! :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks Andy!

BoB ,

Yes Indeed ! Great Work ! I love th Bullet holes ! I would like to add, Great Marksmanship , as They didn't damage th Signage !! :D

:drinks

You know Erik, there are bullet holes in the adverts, but they didn't show up well in those pics.

Thanks,

Bob

Very good work as usual!! (y)

B)

Hey Terry,

Thanks and I'll see you in Omaha!

Bob

Bob we will be at the Marriott on Thursday. (y)

Re: Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update 4/24/11

Always a GREAT joy to see your work,Bob!!!
Love that trolley!!! (y) (y) (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron!

Here are two shots of safety glass broken in a vehicle.

800px-Windshield-spiderweb.jpg

800px-Spiderweb_windscreen.jpg

And here is how normal glass breaks into shards that is in windows of houses and some buildings.

Glasss.jpg

B) :) :notworthy SWEEEET Bob.
Fantasticwork all round - Gizmology is always the best choice ;)
The bullet riddled glass is perfect!

Ian.

Thanks Ian,

Just caught your 109 G2. You just keep crankin' them out! You're unstoppable! (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Greetings Bob;

..... Very nice indeed........ :mpup ... :notworthy ... :D ...,

Mike

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update July 25, 2011

I finally got around to building the K-5E 28 cm rail gun for the dio. As I was finishing it up, I kept waiting for the instructions to attach the wood lathe strips to the gun deck. Then I started looking for those strips. I kept thinking, "Have I lost those damned things somewhere. Then I went on the web and looked up the Dragon K-5E. Lo and behold, I came upon another builder who had scratched the wood because, as he said, Dragon forgot it.

So, I dug out the old Evergreen strips and finished it up. Amazing they could have forgotten that. It is on the diesel engine roof along with the rails for the shell carriage. Weird.

I left off some of the details until after weathering. The guard rails will be damaged by the collapsing steel girders from the canopy. I will probably put some G.I.s standing on the barrel while a photographer snaps pictures for some added drama!

Anyway, here are some pics.

Leftfrnt_zpscc220fc5.jpg

Maingun_zpsfcaaf571.jpg

Here you can see how the wooden lathe strips were added on the diesel module roof, but not on the gun deck.

Enginemodule_zps679ab96f.jpg

I used a lot of PE on this, the brass kit PE is obvious but the Eduard doesn't photograph well because it blends with the plastic color. Also, I shot the entire model with clear flat before photographing it which makes it all the more invisible. I want to mention that Erik, (Dragonov), actually gave me the Eduard set about 2 years ago. He probably didn't think I was ever going to build this thing! Thanks Erik!

OverallK5_zpsa8ca4f20.jpg

In these shots, I photographed it on the diorama along with most of the other vehicles that will be on it when finished. Some are finished and some only base coated. It will be very busy, but that is why I called it logistics!

locofrnt_zpsdef595b1.jpg

Locofrnt01_zps9881611e.jpg

K-5front_zps4ea917d4.jpg

Sideshot_zpscaf1fa57.jpg

Dieseldeck_zps1bac7332.jpg

Here, you can see the size of this gun compared with the tiny Shermans above it.

Overheaddio_zps6bf0273f.jpg

Overheaddio_zps6bf0273f-1.jpg

TankColumn_zpsb9a81d5c~0.jpg

Trolley_zps87efd970.jpg

XYZEX_zps4eaf159a.jpg

DiamondT_zpsc1df9d39.jpg

XYZRear_zps65b191dc.jpg

Const_zpsdfa78909.jpg

Mauser_zps4711ddb5.jpg

Mauser02_zps103cc073.jpg

Logistics_zps3ccbb45b.jpg

When finished, the train canopy will be collapsed on top of the rail gun. It will hide a lot of the detail I put in it, but until I actually build the canopy, I don't know what will show and what won't. So, I built it as if everything would be seen. I believe the effect of doing that will be really dramatic as well as it will also allow the viewer to see all the action going on above on street level.

Logistics02_zps4c32083f.jpg

Onwards and upwards!! :yipee

Bob

you said it took you how long to build up that gun??

So much to see in this thing, I wouldn't know where to start or stop (y)

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Absolutely amazing diorama Bob! so much details and vehicles, this will be something extra when it's finnished! (y) (y)
//Mats

you said it took you how long to build up that gun??

So much to see in this thing, I wouldn't know where to start or stop (y)

I had the front carriage almost built from some time ago. I started to build the rest on Monday. I put in maybe 5 hours then, about 7 on tuesday, didn't work on it wednesday, then 4 hours on thursday, nothing friday, then 6 hours yesterday and 2 hours this morning. If my addition is correct, that's about 24 hours altogether. I don't remember how long it took me to build the front carriage. That was about 3 years ago.! I would say probably about 30 hours if I added that time in. It will take me at least that long to paint and especially to weather it.

This old photograph, taken at least three years ago, shows the front carriage built. I built it so long ago that the plastic is discolored from age!

shedccopy_copy~0.jpg

At the moment, the dio simply looks cluttered, but that will change to a massive and dramatic traffic jam as occurs regularly in war, especially in the ETO in 1945. The 340 figures will really add to the drama in so many vignettes throughout the diorama. Still a ways off, but I can see it coming to completion. There was a point when I was having serious doubts it would ever be finished.

Next, I'll finish off all the vehicles, then paint the figures, finish the base and buildings and, then......... I'll probably not know what to do with myself when it is finally finished. That always happens to me with these big ones, I get this really empty feeling, but this will be the most work of any I have ever built by a long shot!

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update May 20th, 2013

I just dont have words to describe how fantastic this thing is. Just :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D :D :D :D
James

Back