• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Log on problems

ma00004

Does anyone else have trouble staying loged on? When I logon I check the Remember Me box but it's not keeping me loged in. Looks like it only keeps me loged on for one day. The next day I have to log on again.

I've been trying to recreate this, MA has asked me about the problem he is having, but I can't get it to break. I've tried it in Firefox and IE but both work fine for me. If anyone else is having this problem let us know. Don't know what we're going to do about it but it would be nice to know where to point the finger at.

Check your browser options (under IE, go to Tools / Internet Options and under the "general" tab, see if you've got it set to "Delete browsing history on exit". If it is, you can press the "delete" button to see if you've got it set to delete cookies.

I'm not familiar enough with Firefox to suggest the equivalent there, but I'm sure it's not too dissimilar.

It's somewhere to start looking anyway..

Phil_H wrote:
Check your browser options (under IE, go to Tools / Internet Options and under the "general" tab, see if you've got it set to "Delete browsing history on exit". If it is, you can press the "delete" button to see if you've got it set to delete cookies.

I'm not familiar enough with Firefox to suggest the equivalent there, but I'm sure it's not too dissimilar.

It's somewhere to start looking anyway..

Hi All

The same as Phil has said, but for Firefox is:

Tools - Options
Privacy tab
Under the History subheading, change "Firefox will:" to "Use custom settings for history" and check that "Accept Cookies from site", and "Accept third-party cookies" are ticked, and that "Keep until:" is set to "they expire"

Then be sure to click ok when you leave the options to save the setting.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rob

Back