• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lighting the bench-

kryptosdaddy

Like most here my eyes are not what they used to be, at my bench I have now 2 florescent 20 watt bulbs that are shaded, and a nice incandescent set hanging over head. Been looking at LED's and all the other stuff thats local.

Not much of that- so I'm curious- What are you folks using? I'm looking for close to daylight, anything out there?

I have two Ott brand lights but I've had a falling out with them. Seem one of them will not accept the standard plug in bulb that we find now, seems it was a proprietary bulb or something. So...I'm open for options.

Desperately need to update my lighting, now that I'm close to finishing the new hobby room. I currently only have a 100 watt in the ceiling, a desk lamp with a 60 watt and a florescent magnifying lamp. :facepalm

Thinking of some over head florescents.....

:hmmm

Thanks fellas- i was looking at LED 'Real' lighting until I found one of those at a store that was strobing. What I'm really looking for though is a desk mounted setup with low heat, I hate the standard desk lamp and funny thing about me and the circular florescent mag lights is I seem to be sensitive to the current, just one of those people! I'll check the Ott lights out. Thanks- Be good. CR :drinks

Back