• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lets suit up and Geek up

:geek

I bet we're going to be over using this one

If you haven't noticed, we got a Geek forum fired up.

Start on March 1, what are you doing for it?

I bet we're going to be over using this one

If you haven't noticed, we got a Geek forum fired up.

Start on March 1, what are you doing for it?

Ain't sure yet. :idonno Maybe a mecha. Maybe an M4A2(76)W called Biffo's Bus from book 5 of The Red Gambit series. That was used by a British crew in Northern Italy in early 1946 fighting the Soviets.

Some of you will remember that I spent a lot of modelling time in the 'What If' camp, and produced a couple of 'good' models over the years, but never once did I wander in to fantasy or sci-fi...
... :idonno Dunno why it seems like a logical progression.

Anyhoos, think I'll 'geek-up' for this campaign just don't know what to do yet, but I'll think of something. In the meantime and by ways of inspiration here's a couple of my 'What Ifs' from a few years back.

h7ff2497.jpg

h2ae05e2.jpg

Canadian Mirage F1 - there was a really cool back-story for this, don't think I kept it tho'

h6897310.jpg

ha6a2ace.jpg

Finnish Ta183, just a 'progression' of the Luft 46/47 storyline.

h3e25928.jpg

Norwegian Corsair+, remove all carrier gear, upgrade the radar (from a Hornet) and give it a new radome, and a slinky new camo scheme that flatters it's shape.

hbcbadc4.jpg

h7c1e427.jpg

What If the RAF got F-89's in exchange for allowing the US access to its' bases in Cyprus and Malta in the late 1950's ?? - Just a thought.

hd1eadeb.jpg

h0a31379.jpg

Instead of SLAM Eagles & F-16's, What If the RoKAF went with Rafales for their Phantom & F-5 replacements ??

hee4495f.JPG

hafdbcf4.jpg

h1e8096e.jpg

Models without stories, just painting challenges. Still love my Swedish Hawk !!

AFN.

Ian.

Well any of em would sure look great in this here geek upped place.

Come on Ian you know you want to :pilot

Almost forgot about this, one of my very first 'What If' builds from way back, certainly over ten years ago. Maybe one you could do alongside your Angel Interceptor, whaddya think, Dave ??

Ian.

Okay, I'm in with my Starfleet fighter craft. I'll post photos as soon as the resin seat comes in.

I was rather thinking of a fantasy figure for a second build Ian
http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/box_art_album/Manufacturers/QRST/SOL+Model/Bloody_Marie_SOL_Model_S213_8th.jpg.html
Or I have an funky steam punk type motorcycle I would also like to do at some stage

OK...so I have been scanning eBay a bit while I am supposed to be planning my big lesson for Friday...but instead of perusing through 10,000+ entries- can anyone suggest some good US distributors for sci-fi stuff for knew-bies like me? ;) I have a vinyl Batman kit and some MaK stuff but am looking for something else to whet the appetite...

I'll be in this " Lets suit up and Geek up " group build with my Gundam.

So it says Mar 1, 2015 to Aug 31, 2015. So I guess it started ?

Yes, but you can join anywhere up to the closing minute. Last minute is not recommended though.
James

OK...so I have been scanning eBay a bit while I am supposed to be planning my big lesson for Friday...but instead of perusing through 10,000+ entries- can anyone suggest some good US distributors for sci-fi stuff for knew-bies like me? ;) I have a vinyl Batman kit and some MaK stuff but am looking for something else to whet the appetite...

Both Sprue Brothers and Free Time hobbies have some of the more conventional sci-fi kits. Then there is Games Workshop that has all the Warhammer 40k gaming models which are 1/56 (28mm) scale.

Back