• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Leopard2's M706 Command Car

Joe,

Did you get the decal? Here is the real deal. Click on the photo to visit a cool Picasa member's sites with lots of Vietnam images.

Thanks guys. This is a nice little kit. I did have to putty and sand the seam between the hull and the chassis though. The interior is a little spartan but you won't see anything since she will be buttoned up.

Saul, the decals haven't shown up yet. I guess they will be here tomorrow or Saturday.

Joe

I am almost ready to paint. Just need to mask off the vision ports and I am ready to go. Since I figured that there was no extensive use, if any, of reflective coating I decided to ting the vision ports green.

Joe

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

Well, here is some paint. The base coat is Tamiya XF-62 Olive Drab. I then tried some high lighting with MM Green Drab. What you guys think? And be honest, no hurt feelings here.

Joe

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

wow that is a neat little kit! I really like what you did with the vision ports too. I would imagine those two .30 cal MG's (likely M1919's, by the look of the barrel jackets) would offer devastating firepower!

Well, here is some paint. The base coat is Tamiya XF-62 Olive Drab. I then tried some high lighting with MM Green Drab. What you guys think? And be honest, no hurt feelings here.

Joe

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg
Looks good, very subtle, may get washed out after weathering

Looks good, Joe. I'm with Bob, it's a little too subtle if you're going to filter and wash. (y)

Maybe hit it with a highlight shade of th O.D. - Similar to a color modulation to lighten it up & hit 'er with th weathering - washes etc.

:drinks

Joe let me know privately that the decals crapped out on him. I wrote back and have posted here for two reasons:

[ol]
[li]The decal review needs to be updated to relate this experience.[/li]
[li]To let Joe know that I am sending a different set of decals so he BETTER NOT use the kit crap decals! :vmad [/li]
[/ol]

Here is the real deal of the set I plan to send if you don't mind darkening up the paint (they mixed gloss black with the OD for the shade)

Regards,

Back