• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Laura , two vehicle ID's please ...........

Cheyenne

Laura , is this a Pz I or II , ...........

The cowling for the mg is confusing me .
It appears there is a mantelet cover for the mg housing cause I can set the gasket .
But what is confusing me is the round view port below that .

350257245651.jpg

Next is this a Pz III or IV , cause the round mg housing leads me to believe this is a later III or Iv , the stand off armor looks to be an early application though .
The picture caption claims this to be in Africa .

Hull.jpg

the only thing i can tell for sure is that those are pics of german tanks in africa! :p

in the first pic there is the opening for a main armament missing so it has to be a panzer 1 or 2 turret but what puzzles me is the frontal glacis plate with the pistol port opening!

a command vehicle - that i'm quite sure of! maybe it's a panzerbefehlswagen 3 ausf D1! they were equipped with two mg34 and the main armament was a wooden dummy!

the second vehicle seems to be a panzer 3 in africa! the dude in the background is dressed as if he would be in sunny cyrenaica wellness resort! i wouldn't say that it was a panzer 4 - the dimensions fit more to a panzer 3 than to the 4!

this is a thread where lawrence would be badly needed! lawrence is the real master of vehicle identification! (you read that lazzo?)

after having punked through my spielberger i'm quite sure that the first pic shows a Panzerbefehlswagen III Ausf. H

second pic could be an Ausf. J

I reckon it is one of those with a Dummy main gun and I think Laura is right . I may have a picci of an intact one :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

Cheyenne

Laura is correct on both counts. The first is a PzBefWg III Ausf H with the external mantlet blown off. You can see that there is no opening for the main gun as it only had a dummy gun.

Externally, the BefWg differed from a standard Ausf H in that it had a Fu 8 frame antenna on the roof of the engine compartment, a Fu 7 antenna on the right side of the superstructure and a retractable Kurbelmast P (height 9 metres) with a sternatenne fitted to its top. The turret was fixed and bolted to the hull and carried a wooden mock-up of the 3.7cm or 5cm gun. The turret MG34 was the only defensive weapon.

ZnienBefehlspanzerIIIHII1-PzRgt11Ba.jpg

The second photo could be either an Ausf J, L, M or N.

Back