• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Late entry that did not make it.

SA Dave

I asked Saul if I could do a late entry and he said yes.
So on sunday I started 1/72 Airfix Hawk
Hawk01.jpg

and the first thing I did was step on my Canopy
here is where I got Yesterday.
Hawk02.jpg

Dave you're not going to get the canopy anytime soon, haven't had time to get it in the mail.

You're looking good though!

Thanks BoB I knew it wont be fast.

Here is where I am at the moment.
hawk013.jpg

hawk012.jpg

hawk011.jpg

I hope to get most of the weathering done tomorow

Damn I really wanted that cool ribbon :vmad :yipee

Dave,

Find the broken canopy, glue it together, place over the cabin and place, then paint, a canvas cover over the cockpit as was done to keep it cool. By my clock, you still have a few hours!

100_2081.jpg

Regards,

I tried that but its totaly splintered - even tried to get an older model but all the local shops were sold out.

I might miss out on this one but I have learned a lot and had a lot of pleasure on this quick build so far.

Tomorrow I will get the weathering done and show of my proud build and know I can do a build in 4 -6 days (Yesterday I had a terible headache that got agrivated by the fumes)

I will also highly praise this new mold Airfix kit to anybody that wants a good Tigermouth.

For your next Face it build (There better be one :yipee ) I will finish in time.

I surrendered to peer pressure and took an Wildcats canopy used it underneath and made a covering. Hope you guys aprove.
First the Tissue paper and white glue. Luckily it was a HOT day today for it to dry so fast.
hawk014.jpg

And painted with weathering aplied.
hawk015.jpg

hawk016.jpg

hawk017.jpg

All comments welcome :pilot

Back