• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KV-1

jknaus

Administrator
Okay I'll try this again. I have a KV-1 only because I couldnt find a KV-II as I try to follow Iron Mikes build. I have Voyager PE. I will leave this open ended because I also have a Panzer III that might enter in later. Pic later on with calender. I challenge all the Modelers Alliance procrastinators (like me) to join in and edge each other on to a ribbon. In this thread constructive criticism is welcome, but I will also allow anyone building in it to demand progress. So if your not building dont get upset at me if I slow down. If you are building in this prod away. Who's game?

James

Hmmm, maybe!

Need to find an easy kit so I can show progress and get back to it when reviews pull me away.

Regards,

That's cool,James! (y)

I will follow you,with a T34,think it's the same 'Chitz'version Mats will do,leaning against a German trench,...but it will take some time before I start with it.

Greetings,Ron.

Okay date pic.

date1.jpg

date2.jpg

Did those early in the morning, after a long late day before. Sorry for quality.
Only got a little time to model today. This is all I got done.

kv1.jpg

kv2.jpg

James

Sorry I missed the update, James. The Trumpeter kits build up pretty fast, looking forward to your next session! (y)

Okay, tried the solder weld today. Didnt work out.

kv3.jpg

But then nothing worked out today anyways. Try again later.
James

Why didn't it work? Looks fine to me. Might need some tighter cuts on the upper (guess it's the lower section of the hull) but the stuff up around the turret ring looks fine.

Give it another try James I'm sure it will go better, and so will the rest to! :)
//Mats

I think it looks great. As Bob said, you can tighten them up some and I drag the back of the knife over them to flatten the bead some after the marks are made. (y)

Here is a pic of a rough weld,
vup_bop_wp6013_close_36_c.jpg

in 1/35 i think it will be very fine patterns on the surface, not so deep grooves, i work as a welder so i see some nasty welds sometime, but usually they are not so rough, don't know how bad the russians where on welding, but i think they got alot of training, welding all these tanks :) so make the seam smoother, just my humble opinion.
//Mats

Thanks Mats. I did it in putty. Then taking a page from Iron Mikes book I clamped the hull and reglued it. Then for whatever reason I gave a bit more tension and SNAP. I released tension and walked away. I'll check later to see how bad the damage is. Phenomenal. Its a cold dreary day and I feel dreary and wouldnt you know it. My modeling reflects it also. Oh well.
James

I've heard a legend about this guy who broke a great big wrench with just one more tug...

Looking forward to seeing your progress! (y)

Back