• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kotare Models First Release

RichB

Almost a month ago, word hit the street that a new model company had formed in New Zealand featuring several members of the Wingnuts Wings team. The specualation began on their first release with the only hint that is was a WW2 subject. Today (15 Sep in NZ) the subject was announced, appropriate for it being Battle of Britain Day, 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Late) to be released later 2022. See the details on their website, Kotare Spitfire Mk.1.

Kotare Spit.jpg

Spitfire fans, start saving those pennies, search the sofa and take all those bottles back for their refund.

Cheers,
Rich

This will be awesome! I hope they aren’t averse to raised rivets. I remember all of the ones I had to add to my Revell Mk.II.

Cheers, Tom

Tom it looks like your wish will come true. In addition it also looks like the panels will have an overlap look just like the real plane. Here are 2 photos from their site showing the 3D render.

e64c35d2-kotare k32001 1-32 spitfire mk.ia late front view.jpg

d827947c-kotare k32001 1-32 spitfire mk.ia late rear view.jpg

Looks very nice - whats the quality like on these kits?
The designers are several of the old WingNut crew, so I would expect a very similar level of detail/quality.

Back