• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Knocked out Kursk Stupa

7FB4074E-9F5C-4ECC-86D0-9999E08630D4.jpeg
98B6E671-39A0-49E4-9FC8-21154BC55730.jpeg
Fender ready for installation.

Beautiful work John. :tens:
I have some damage to inflict on my Panzer 3 guards, so I am watching this with great interest. I also love the shot damage - perfect!
As far as the ground work goes , I would just add something small like some battle junk or weapons left over on the battlefield.

Let’s talk base. This is at Kursk, so how do you feel about just the tank, tall grass, and debris from the tank, and upset earth of course, or does it need something more?

Perhaps something to help convey the scale? I have yet to see a slightly wounded abandoned horse walking around a scene. My point, it doesn't have to be a human. Note that the Germans were largely dependent on horses for supply and the Soviets had issued trucks to replace horses for the battle. Most of the1000+ horses treated by the German veterinary unit suffered from exhaustion, only 117 were wounded.

References
DiNardo, R. L. Mechanized Juggernaut or Military Anachronism? Horses and the German Army of World War II. New York: Greenwood Press, 1991.
Thesis by Major Enrique Ramos, USA "ANALYSIS AND SIGNIFICANCE OF THE BATTLE OF KURSK IN JULY 1943"

Regards,

Great work all around Doc. S.!! The display look good so far. I'm sure your planning a figure or such at some point.
:victory:

I like Saul's idea amd Mike's got some good sense as well. I'm also thinking along with Mike's idea maybe a shell hole or two in the ground for near misses. Just a crazy thought...

Back