• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kitlinx

Seems like I remember the name James but dont' recall buying from them. Seems like they been around a while.

They are the ones who bought out Pacific Coast Models a couple of years ago. While I have not bought anything from them but once they seem on the up and up.

That company ( don't remember the original name ) was bought out by Sprue brothers years ago.
This is the same guy starting a new company.
What I have looked up seeks ok but the shipping is pricey.

Cheers, Christian :cool:

The company bought out by Sprue Bros was Great Models Webstore. I did quite a bit of business with them, but have not yet bought anything from Kitlinx. At the 2007 IPMS national convention Great Models Webstore's booth was staffed by very attractive young women. Needless to say, they were very popular.

Thanks guys. I hope they are good. I have some Sopwith Pup stuff coming. Shipping wasn't as bad as Sprue Brothers. SB had 2 books I was interested in last week on Deal of the Day and the 2 came to $35 ish. shipping was $65. So didn't get the books. I used to love Sprue Brothers but not impressed any more. I just got some WNW kits from Andies Hobby Headquarters. He does video reviews. Same price as SB but free shipping. Arrived 2 days after I ordered. Now I hope Kitlinx is good also.
James

Last edited:
I'm on their mailing list and get offers all the time, everytime I have checked there shipping in the US is way more than SB but then they are almost a thousand miles further west of me than SB. Glad to hear that their shipping to Canada is less than others.

Yea, their shipping is insane and I don't agree with some of the available to order BS. Order something and then few days later, sorry we do not have that but would you like to buy this instead.

With SB, they either have it or they don't.

Yea, their shipping is insane and I don't agree with some of the available to order BS. Order something and then few days later, sorry we do not have that but would you like to buy this instead.

With SB, they either have it or they don't.

I ran into that bit with a west coast place Dragon models. Ordered a couple of kits that were in stock. Ordered enough to lower the ship rate a little. A few days later got an e-mail that one of the items wasn't in stock and wasn't going to be reordered. Looked on their site and that item was still listed as in stock.

I cancelled the order and asked them to remove me from their mailing list. They never had anything in stock and apparently when they did it wasn't. It was kind of their last chance with me.

Squadron kind of did the same thing with me a number of years ago. Got half the order and when I called them about it, they said "Oh the rest is out in the warehouse." Several weeks later I cancelled the remainder and just don't trust them anymore. I will occasionally order something from Squadron, but mostly I just don't trust them so I go elsewhere.

This does not sound promising. Unfortunately noone else I normally buy from has what I ordered. Also still no email with delivery date or anything.
James

HGW super set for the Pup and Yahu IP and machine gun. I will just have to wait and hope I guess. Looking at my order most of it is ready but there are a couple of things on order. Not impressed because it did not say none in stock when I placed the order. No place in Canada to get that I can find and SB does not carry HGW and BNA is sold out of everything Pup related.

I’ve purchased from kitlinx in the past. It was fine.

oddly right now I’m have problems with BNA. Well not really them but Auspost has had my package for a month!

I’ve purchased from kitlinx in the past. It was fine.

oddly right now I’m have problems with BNA. Well not really them but Auspost has had my package for a month!
Same here. Usually takes a week. I was hoping to have started an I-16 by now.
James

Well I give up. Asked Kitlinx to cancel my order and refund me. When you order stuff and pay for it you expect they have it. Not impressed at all. So Pup on standby until I decide what to do. And still waiting for BNA to answer where my stuff is from them. Need tracks for my straight flush and some I-16 stuff and its in limbo. I understand there is a pandemic but when your package disappears and noone seems to know where it is is annoying.

I had the same problem with Squadron a number of years ago. Each item I ordered said it was in stock. Got about 1/3 of the order in a few days. Called and asked where the rest was and the lady told me that it was in the warehouse, they just were busy or something such as that. Three weeks later I got a couple more items. I cancelled the rest of the order and generally avoid Squadron these days. They basically lied to me and I never condone that. It has cost them over time as mostly I ignore that company. Rarely I will buy some books or occasionally a kit that is on sale.

If they had been forthright and honest with me I might have still cancelled the order, but I wouldn't have such a bad regard for them.

Kitlinx has been OK but I wouldn't go there unless it was "in stock", available to order could only mean their distributor is listing it. Shipping is slow from BNA right now, but my recent order wasn't that slow and nobody else had what I was looking for. Sprue Brothers is always the first place I go.

SprueBros, FreeTime and CultTVMan are the places I go on a regular basis. There is Dragon on the west coast and they recently blew it so I no longer have any dealings with them. No loss there. More expensive and nothing ever in stock. My main 3 work the best and I usually get shipments in 3 working days.

Back