• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kit Arrived!!!

Gene

We just got home late last night, early this morning from Tennessee. Guess what was sitting on our back door steps? Yep, my Eduard 1/32 BF 109E-1!!!!!
Let the games begin!!!

applause.gif

Wow, the E-1 is a nice early variant.

Will you build it out of the box? Please let s know about the markings. I know you stated you wanted German markings but the Yugoslavian Air Force actually flew Emils versus the German Emils.

Regards,

Thanks guys!!!
For the most part, it'll be OOB. Colors are RLM70/71. Undersides are RLM65. Decals are outstanding! Red #1, flown by Hptm. Trautloft.
Is there a walk around showing this scheme?
More questions to follow I am sure!!!
TIA!!!

Awesome Gene. Seeing as my Churchill is temporarily shelved and I got an Eduard E1 with A2Zeee conversion to a b/d I think I'll tag along. Looking forward to your build.
James

Awesome Gene. Seeing as my Churchill is temporarily shelved and I got an Eduard E1 with A2Zeee conversion to a b/d I think I'll tag along. Looking forward to your build.
James

A What????? :blink

If y'all are building 109s them maybe we should have the ubiquitous modeling forum 109 group build?

But, I don't have a kit to build...

Actually, this would be the six sharkmouths:

Bf-109C (Classic Airframes 48)
Bf-109E-1 with lips (Hasegawa 48 with Cutting Edge decals)
Bf-109E-3 Swiss (modified Hasegawa 48, Cutting Edge decals)
Bf-109G-6 Finnish (Hasegawa 32 with pantograph inScale decals)
Bf-109G-6 Tall Tail Swiss (modified Hasegawa 32 with pantograph Hobbycraft decals)
HA-1112 (Hobbycraft 48)

Regards,

Only draw back is the GB schedule is booked till at least August if I'm not mistaken, Not sure if you'd want to hold out that long Gene, but nothing would stop you and James from doing a dual build if you wanted. I think that would be neat.

Just googled the HA 1112 and found they now include BBCode for hot link...still don't trust them...

HA 1112-M1L and Bf 109G-2 [GFDL (www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)], by Towpilot (Own work), from Wikimedia Commons

You could have simply asked. The HA 1112 is sequentially known as the Bf-109J. It was a postwar development by Spain to produce needed fighters to suppress the rebels in the Sahara. Although Spain received jet fighters from the US during MAP, the stipulation was that they could not be used internally (counter-insurgency). So the push to get the Bf-109G-2 airframes Spain bought from Germany airworthy resulted in attempts to apply the Hispano Suiza engine then the Rolls Royce Merlin.

Known as the Buchón (pigeon), it flew combat in North Africa and one was adorned with a sharkmouth in 1958 (thereby making it the oldest Bf-109 variant with a sharkmouth).

So, the Bf-109 and Spain share a bit of history as the trials aircraft (versuchs) took to the air in combat during the Spanish Civil War and the last combat for the Messerschmitt design was with the Spanish in the Spanish Sahara.

Regards,

If you dont count the Battle of Britain 1969, where HA-1112s and CASA 2111s duked it out with Hurricanes and Spits taka taka taka taka :laugh:

We can do the build Gene and let the others catch up. :woohoo:
James

Thanks guys!!!
For the most part, it'll be OOB. Colors are RLM70/71. Undersides are RLM65. Decals are outstanding! Red #1, flown by Hptm. Trautloft.
Is there a walk around showing this scheme?
More questions to follow I am sure!!!
TIA!!!

This is a good site to explore for info. Lynn Ritger is the goto guy as far as I know for 109s.

James

Back