• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

King Tiger Production Turret

I bought this ancient Tamiya kit from a friend at my club. By the look of the box it was probably an original issue - the one with all of the motorization holes in the hull.

Unfortunately it was missing a whole sprue covering the gun and mantlet amongst other things.

A good friend of mine offered me all of the left over pieces from his Dragon king tiger! That got me out of trouble.. Thanks Lyndon!

The only thing was when I compared the new dragon parts with the old Tamiya parts...... hmmmmm.

All of the old Tamiya moulded on details were removed and replaced with the dragon parts, including all of the hatches, vents, tools and fenders ....

I decided upon this unusual colour scheme after seeing a pic. A incompletely applied octopus ring camo (which is quite worn and weathered) on the hull with a primer red turret (which is less weathered).

Here are the pics,

kt2.jpg

kt1.jpg

1stMay2010004.jpg

1stMay2010005.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at them.

Cheers,

Jase.

Hi Jase.

That is a cool looking King Tiger. I really like the very late war German anything goes paint schemes. And it is real nice having friends that have a box full of Dragon extras to shine up an older kit like yours.

And I was wondering if your Tiger won anything at the show?

Gary B)

Yes Gary,

I was lucky enough to win best Large scale armor pre 1946 with this model.

Needless to say I was very pleased!

Cheers,

Jase.

Oh Congratulations on the win :) . What a distinctive looking vehicle . It is sweet for someone to help you out like that .

I love the choice of colours you have used to create such a striking looking vehicle .

Jenny :kiss:

Back