• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KI-46 III Dinah - Completed

KI-46 III Dinah

Thank you everyone for your interest and your kind words .

The Dinah has finally reached it's long journey . I'm calling this one done .

I'll dust off tomorrow and try to get some better pictures posted .

KI-46_photo_002_a.jpg

Thanks for looking in. Cheers, Christian B)

Amazing work on this beautiful plane! I would say that this is a Tamiya in 1/48th scale! Superb! :ro:

All the best!
Dusan.

That's a slick lookin bird, would have liked to seen what they would have done in the post war air race circuit. :pilot

KI-46 III Dinah

Sorry for taking so long on the pix but I have been under the weather these last few days :sick:

Anyhow, Here we go :soldier

KI-46_finale_004a.jpg

This build has been like working with a beautiful woman . It can be a love hate relationship at the same time :blink

The kit is really nice in itself but does not lend itself well to modifications . The modular mold coupled with the fact that the bottom is wide open. It needs the wing for strength .
To add insult to injury the entire backbone is the canopy which stays off till much latter on .
This is basically like trying to do surgery to a fractured and empty egg shell . :pinch: We have had our moments :S

Smile for the camera . . .

KI-46_finale_3_001_a.jpg

I think it could probably use a bit more grime :hmmm

KI-46_finale_009a.jpg

The PE went on relatively well but even with my added plumbing much is still missing .

KI-46_finale__2_001_b.jpg

KI-46_finale_003a.jpg

So, here we have , finally done with this one.

KI-46_finale_005a.jpg

Thanks for looking in and for all the very kind words :)

Cheers, Christian B)

It may shine like a diamond in a goats butt but there's no doubt about it being some mighty fine
model work buddy. (y)

Tony lee B)

He cleaned it up for you, Chris. :laugh: It looks like you got the photo program working, I really like what you did here. (y) :drinks

Feel better, buddy! B)

Back