• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ki-43 with weird decals.....

Barney

well, here I go...

My first WIP @ MA....

DSCN1483.jpg

DSCN1485.jpg

Engine is... OK... once I get the hang of this stuff I know I can do better.....

DSCN1486.jpg

Nobody told me I had to cut thins up when building OOB!

DSCN1487.jpg

The pit is pretty sparce....

Better pictures next time... I hope!

All comments are welcome....

Sorry about the decals not showing up... :unsure:

stupid computer... :angry:

stupid person is more like it! :bang head

OK... progress has been made...

DSCN1495.jpg

My point and shoot camera just doesn't do close-ups well... and you cannot see anything anyway...

DSCN1497.jpg

Tomorrow will be a day of music in Cleveland... so I'll get back to this on Monday...

All comments are appreciated...

Thank You!

OK... seriously... I need a lot of practice at this whole pre-shading thing.... Still, I am having fun and making a mess... 2 things that every guy likes...

DSCN1502.jpg

DSCN1501.jpg

As always, any questions, comments or silly notions are welcome!

I would add a bit follow the control surfaces, but then I'm not much for preshading myself, but the build definately looks good.

You're right MP... pre-shading is an art form that must be developed over a span of time... There isn't enough time to worry about it...

More soon... pictures @ 11!

Ok Barney, you win, this whole kit is wird and it looks real good at being weird. Thats mashugguna

Looks damn fine to me Barney. I think pre shading is overated myself...post shading rules :evil: Like what you did with that sparse pit - keep them pics rollin'

Geoff

Back