• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Keeping brushes in good condition

chris808

Hi Guys

When i clean my brushes afterwards i put some bicarbonate of soda in a container add some quite warm water and hold the brush in the solution it seems to do some thing in effect it makes the bristles go back together ,after that i put some hair conditioner on them and that keeps them really soft

Cheers Guys

hey cool that seems like a neat trick. I wonder if it would reconstruct my whitewash/hairspray remover brush? not that I would want to, it is messed up just about right :laugh: what kind of hair conditioner?

Thanks for sharing.

Now I just need to find a way to buy hair conditioner with out the cashier looking funny at me. :unsure:

More expensive but Winsor Newton brush restorer is very good and cleans out all the old paint and also restores the bristles. I use this as a final cleaning on my brushes.
P.S. I does not grow hair. :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:
Cheers
John

After cleaning my brushes I dip them in fabric softener. Then I run the brushes through my fingers, removing the excess. I then place a round tube over the bristles on the smaller brushes; on the larger ones and the blade brushes, I fold a piece of cardboard over them and hold it on with tape or rubber band. This keeps them as fresh and as new as they were when I bought them.

Back