• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Just a thought as today is 9-11

Heavens Eagle

22 years ago today something terrible happened in New York City. As I drove down from Syracuse through Scranton and then across New Jersey I came over a hill and saw this NYC skyline.

Manhatten from Jersey 9-11-23.jpg

Was vacationing in SF, by the time I woke up it was all over,really surreal out there.Ended up driving home to NJ a few days later after flights kept getging canceled.

The wife and I flew out to San Fran on United Flight 93 on 9/5/2001
Fairly close call for us !!!

I listened to this again this year.
We must NEVER forget this day. The everyday heroes. The families. The lost lives. The villains.
I certainly will never forget.

22 years ago today something terrible happened in New York City. As I drove down from Syracuse through Scranton and then across New Jersey I came over a hill and saw this NYC skyline.
Syracuse, NY? Is that where you're from? I see the skyline every workday. September 11th is a day I was extremely involved due to the proximity of my usual office (Verizon) across the street. I was in Harlem though, across from the state building when it occurred. My wife, aunt, and cousin, had just entered the Holland tunnel after the first strike, As they exited, they saw the second and all entrances to the city were sealed. I lived in Brooklyn, NY, at the time so they had to navigate around Manhattan (literally passing where we live now) to get back to Brooklyn.

Syracuse, NY? Is that where you're from? I see the skyline every workday. September 11th is a day I was extremely involved due to the proximity of my usual office (Verizon) across the street. I was in Harlem though, across from the state building when it occurred. My wife, aunt, and cousin, had just entered the Holland tunnel after the first strike, As they exited, they saw the second and all entrances to the city were sealed. I lived in Brooklyn, NY, at the time so they had to navigate around Manhattan (literally passing where we live now) to get back to Brooklyn.
Nope not from Syracuse, Delta dumped me out there since LaGuardia was socked in on that Sunday. The airport car rentals were all out of cars and the off site rental places closed at 12 noon. I got a room, set up a car rental and was at the car rental at about 10 minutes after they opened Monday morning.
Drove down south into Pennsylvania then over to Secaucus. It was a gorgeous drive except for the last bit through New Jersey. That was a bit of a mess, but the Google Maps did a great job of getting me around. Even had to drive across Manhattan the following Friday to get to Queens and LaGuardia to fly out. Ended up with plenty of time so while it was super busy, I would just drive like most of the others there and rubber necked while sitting. Was about what I expected, and while I missed a couple of turns, it rerouted me with little trouble. Would not want to live there.
Went through the Lincoln tunnel, ended up driving across the middle of Central Park going east and took the Koch bridge to Queens. Lots of 1 way streets, which didn't bother me in the least. Watched what the traffic did, and did the same. Queens was worse to get around than Manhattan as the streets were weird twisty narrow one way things.

Back