• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju-88G-1 1/48th scale

centaur567

100_7448.JPG
100_7449.JPG
100_7450.JPG

Since I have a lot of RLM 76 blue made up I thought I'd build this Dragon Master Series Ju-88G-1/G-10. It was bought at a model show in a different box. Gary S.

100_7481.JPG
100_7482.JPG
100_7483.JPG
100_7484.JPG

OIP.jpg
Ju-88G-37.jpeg

This restoration is in the Technical Museum of Berlin and has a swastika on it's tail. I like the swiggels.

We've been down to FL for the last couple of weeks with limited internet. This is what has been done so far. The wings, fuselage and tail feathers are built but not attached to make traveling back easier. The seats will be added later after seatbelts are made along with the control column. One would think that they would be included in the photoetch parts. Fit is ok and the panel lines do line up. The rudder that is shown has been replaced with the proper one. The parts for the inline engine nacelles are missing from the parts or else I was going to make a Ju-88G-6. There's a small part also missing from the rt side cockpit detail. Think I can make one. Gary S.

Last edited:
I saw the Ju88 in Dayton many years ago. It is in it's correct colors now. It was surrendered by it's Romanian pilot and crew when they surrendered to the allies. I think it was originally surrendered to the British. Then they gave it to the US. When it was being flown to the US it had a huge American flag painted on it. Later it was painted in a fictitious German scheme for many years. Finally it was repainted in it's original colors and markings.

100_7511.JPG
100_7512.JPG
100_7513.JPG

Except for the gun sight glass, the cockpit is done. I'm now in the process of taping off the canopy. The seat belts were made from strips of paper. Gary S.

100_7514.JPG
100_7518.JPG
100_7519.JPG

After installing the gun, ammo belt and brass catcher, the canopy fit was perfect. Now I have to worry about breaking the gun barrel off. The underside 20mm gun blister was temporarily white glued on until after painting. Black Sharpie was used on the canopy frames. Gary S.

Back