• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju-88A4 from the Bomber Command II Campaign

ij001

h8991f52_2015-09-27.jpg

h3fa2d98_2015-09-27.jpg

It's no secret that I'll be doing this as my first build, unfortunately Hannants have sold out of mask sets for the Revell kit, so until they come back in to stock, I won't start the model, but as we've got a l-o-n-g run on this Campaign, that isn't a problem.

Still not decided about a second build yet, the Revell Lancaster looks fantastic, but the (new) Airfix Dornier 17Z or their He111P look to be the most likely candidates.

Start-up pics in due course.

Ian.

1:72, just cannot afford a 1:48 at the moment, but the Revell kit is simply stunning.

Ian.

Ian I have this kit and the Revell 1/32 kit (that is half built). The 1/72 kit is very similar to the 1/32 kit. The detail for the 1/72 scale is unbelievable. Looking forward to this! :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

"...and so it begins"

hef3e90d.jpg

h84f6fbf.jpg

Without trying to come-off as a total smart-a*se, I'm pretty good with words, always was at school and beyond. That said I simply don't have enough superlatives in my vocabulary to do justice to this kit - and I only unpacked the contents from the box this morning !!

The quality of Revell's moulding is so far beyond anything that I've seen in any scale before today. It is quite simply, astonishing.

he9220fe.jpg

h6e00b73.jpg

h4f5e875.jpg

I have no idea how my limited skills with a brush are going to do any sort of justice to this; building shouldn't be a problem, painting with the finesse that it obviously requires... well that's a whole new level.

:frantic

Ian.

h8991f52_2015-09-27.jpg

h3fa2d98_2015-09-27.jpg

It's no secret that I'll be doing this as my first build, unfortunately Hannants have sold out of mask sets for the Revell kit, so until they come back in to stock, I won't start the model, but as we've got a l-o-n-g run on this Campaign, that isn't a problem.

Still not decided about a second build yet, the Revell Lancaster looks fantastic, but the (new) Airfix Dornier 17Z or their He111P look to be the most likely candidates.

Start-up pics in due course.

Ian.

So, what's wrong with this place . They have all sorts of JU 88 stuff. :idonno

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/

Moving this project over here as it will get built but in my own time. I put it all out on the workbench this afternoon to see how much I'd done and how much more there is to do !! - It's still a small sized but intimidating kit.

Hand-painted a few instruments and other cockpit items, it will take a LOT of time to do it justice.

Ian.

Back on the bench with some self-explanatory progress pics...

h686a582.jpg

hf63a9da.jpg

h3a6b116.jpg

h1e54cd3.jpg

h39f3db0.jpg

72nd scale WWII stuff is a long way outside my self imposed comfort zone, but is 'just right' for this size of subject (IMHO). More tomorrow with some luck.

Ian.

Back