• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Jerry Cans

jknaus

Administrator
Any one know the best kit to get about 10 early 1939/40 jerry cans? I thought I had some but dont. Looking at the great wall kit there are only something like 4 cans and they are gas. Are the Tamiya cans or Italieri cans early pattern? Thanks in advance.
James

Don't forget Tasca and Academy as they both have early cans as well. If they are clustered, you may only need the outer ones hiding the later ones within. This means, you can take the halves of an early can and use them on the outer sides of a stack. The inner halves plus all cans between can be the later ones most kits include.

Regards,

Tamiya say 1943 on them and 2 of them are watercans.
Italeri also marked 1943 but different text than tamiyas, and 6 of the cans on the sprue is british cans! (marked W D) so 6 german, 6 british and 6 american cans on the sprue.
Found that out now when i was making my Quad :)

Back