• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Jennys Raketenwerfer auf Fahrgestell Pz.Kpfw.IV Up

Well here is what I will build , Cyber Hobbys Raketenwerfer auf Fahrgestell Pz.Kpfw.IV pretty much out of the box . I am going to put it in a small diorama called "Evaluations" which my friend Bob Letterman has helped me with the Design & Materials but more on that later

Raketenwerfer1.jpg

Raketenwerfer2.jpg

Like all Cyberhobby kits there is just oodles of goodies , four etch frets , preformed metal parts , magic tracks , even the sprocket wheels are made of 31 parts each !!!! :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Jenny

Well I have started on the Raketenwerfer but rather than show you another hull of a Pz IV in photos I have built all the figures :roll: , well all bar one very special character who will be added later !

The diorama is as the name suggests around the Evaluation of this tanky tim tam thingy .

The three Propoganda Kompany men

Figure2.jpg

Figure3.jpg

Figure5.jpg

The three propaganda officers , recording images of the new vehicle , the two cameramen are from Dragons Initial Tiger release and are made of Dragon DS which takes a bit of cleaning , they are the only two figures without Hornet heads . The Officer is from Dragons German Command Staff , a beautiful set , keep it in mind if you need officers for a similar scene .

The Generals

Figure8.jpg

Figure9.jpg

The first of the two Generals is from the German Command Staff , the second chubby General is from Tristars German Officers Field Session set , the german officers heads from Hornet all looked too gaunt for the body , where I wanted a officer who had not missed too many hot dinners . Between me & Richie we have every Hornet head set , most Warriors & Verlinden ones too . One of the funnest things about building figures is finding the right head to give the personality you need . I chopped the top of the head off & used one of Dragons caps from the Command Staff set .

The Other officers

Figure1.jpg

Figure4.jpg

Figure7.jpg

The first of these officers is from the Tristar Officers set & the other two are from the Dragon German Command Staff

The Panzer Technical Officer

Figure6.jpg

I almost went for a Tamiya figure for this figure but decided to go for a figure from Dragons Panzergrenadiers , Panzer Lehr Division Normandy 1944

The Engineer

Figure10.jpg

This figure is Custom Dioramics European Businessman WWII , he looks totally different from the original figure & I find that when I am looking for an unusual figure , if you have the opportunity to look through catalogues to put your thumb over the head , with the wide variety of head sets you can make his head different easily but it is the clothing and pose that you are looking for !

Well thats it for now , I find it is easier to arrange the diorama space etc with the figures to check the layout .

Jenny

Well I have broken away from the Dragon instructions which would have you building fenders , superstructure side walls , front etc as seperate subassemblies & then glue these all together around the lower hull very late in the assembly process .

Well I did not like the idea of trying to delicately balance a fender loaded with tools & Brackets onto a upper hull and attaching it to the lower hull , praying all parts are aligned properly .

HullShell1.jpg

HullShell2.jpg

HullShell3.jpg

HullShell4.jpg

This is a fairly straightforward build , having no interior , the construction can be completed before painting . I have aligned all the main parts , it will make a very solid platform to attach all the various assemblies to & is aligned as a nice solid base . I have decided after finding a really old set of fruils Richie had hidden that this will be an easier way to add the tracks ! :D

More soon

Jenny

Thats a nice looking little Raketenwerfer you got going there. It looks like it is going to be a great diorama with all those fantastic figures you got to go with it.

Gary B)

Hi Jenny,

Love the progress you've made! The figures will look great evaluating the new prototype!
Looking forward to you're next progress!

Cheers erik

Back