• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri Bugatti 1/12 FINISHED

Steaming ahead now as all the ancillaries were finished and ready for the body so should wrap the hole thing up Tomorrow

Attachment point for the car to base

_DSC8912.JPG

Body shell fits really well, the seat is removable to access the attachment nut to the base in case it ever needs to be removed
all i need to do now is get the hood to fit and make some straps to hold it in place :)

_DSC8911.JPG

If you photograph it outside with a natural background, it will look like the real thing :vgood:

bello-bellisimo.gif

Look what arrived in the post today....

View attachment 168571

We finally have a new body shell.
Its hardly surprising this took 3 months and 2 attempts to arrive as this package arrived today from Italy with no customs declaration , amazing it got through this time TBH
Coincidentally, I also ordered spare parts from Italeri about 3 months ago, and it failed to arrive (and i live a lot closer / Netherlands )
last week they sent a second package, which has yet to arrive 🤞

Thanks Piet
The second package took about 25 days so you may still be lucky but they say it should be under 20 days for you inside the EU.

No sorry Bob
This ones going to a charity auction
I met a guy with a Porsche garage a while back and gave him that yellow and black Porsche i made

DSC_4033.JPG

His wife runs a charity for new mothers who are struggling with the basics like food and clothes for the kids and he used his Porsche garage website to auction off the Porsche for the Charity
The Porsche raise £175 so i said i would build him something better and he could try again and this is it. This is also why it has a base with the auction in mind so its a bit more interesting..

Good lord man! That is so realistic. Your skills are amazing. I just sit in awe looking at your models. When I was told you usually throw them away I was stunned. It physically hurt my heart to know that! I am SO glad you have found an outlet for someone to enjoy these masterpieces.

I enjoyed watching your build and I learned a lot about Bugatti racing machines along the way! If a Chuck Sterns award could be shipped to UK, you would certainly be the winner! A vintage model, meticulously completed. Bravo!

Back