• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

It is now time to hibernate

jknaus

Administrator
Well been getting colder and now we have a few inches of white stuff on the ground. Tonight though looks like a good night to stay in a warm bed. -30 C or -22 F without the windchill :sick: . I've decided that warmer locations are looking much much better.

James

JAMES,

JIMINY CRICKETS ....Where do you live ? I know you live in Canada ... That cold already ?

Brrrr( A JACK FROST Emocon would go good here) Stoke that Fire :evil: put on Some Blues & Model th Night away.

Might be time to start that Battle of th Bulge Dio ?

ERIK

geez the opposite here... I was sweating through my shirt at about 8am this morning before a 34C degree top for the day... (93F?)
Brad

Sheesh, James. That'll freeze your naartjies right off. :blink Like a few above, I cannot relate to those sorts of temps. :idonno

geez the opposite here... I was sweating through my shirt at about 8am this morning before a 34C degree top for the day... (93F?)
Brad

I thought that was our over-night low. Sure felt like it, Bradders. Know anyone in the cooling game?

Hey it warmed up overnight. Only -26C oh and a windchill of -37. Going back to bed now.
James

-30C ??? I have absolutely no concept of how cold that must be..... :blink

Nor do you want to! I spent 3 years in North Dakota, -20 was normal winter temps we had to deal with. -30f we were told we would stop loading bombs, every time we called to check the temp they said it was -29 keep working. :blink One evening, it saw hydraulic fluid freeze on the tarmac...it was leaking out of one of the cylinders on the bomb lift trailer, under pressure, and shotting about 15 feet. when we looked at the puddle where it landed, it was red ice. That is cold bubba!

One of the reasons I tucked my tail between my legs and headed back south where I belong!

James, it was 72 here yesterday. Just saying...:Hiay

Looks like it might be that warm again today too! Erik's right, stoke the fire, put on the long handles and hit the bench, soldier!

Well been getting colder and now we have a few inches of white stuff on the ground. Tonight though looks like a good night to stay in a warm bed. -30 C or -22 F without the windchill :sick: . I've decided that warmer locations are looking much much better.

James

Hey there James -30 C is getting cool enough that you might want to put on a long-sleeved jacket besides the vest. We're Canadians eh?

Cheers from Peter

Luckily I nearly have all the needed firewood in for winter...am usually in shorts all winter long here in NY thanks to the wood stove. It's the leaving for school in the morning that's a bear!

Brrr man....52 here this morning.... :mpup

Dont make me have to come down there MP......oh wait a sec. Maybe that is an idea.

Tim ya had to dig out the flannel shirt. If it gets any colder might have to roll down the sleeves :laugh: :gogo :laugh:

James

Come on down, you'll be in time for Turkey dinner.

seriously, I remember at North Dakota the temps getting up in the upper 20sF and we all got out playing football in shorts in the snow. It wasn't that cold to us at the time. Now my blood has thinned so much that 40 makes me shiver.

James, that is darn cold......I was thinking how chilly it was this morning going to work 65F, got up to 85F today :Hiay :Hiay I'm sorry but I couldn't help it! I lived in northern Minnesota and know how miserable -25 is, then add the 20 mph wind to it. Stay warm northern friends!!!!

Tom

Like Moon Puppy the last couple of winters on the farm in Indy told me it was time to get out of Dodge. When you can only work in 20 minute max periods on top of a bin before the temps affect ya it's time to give it up.

Tim

That's exactly how I got this far South and I'm starting to think I need to move further south

Cheers, Christian :sick:

Back