• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Israeli M46 in work. Nov.23.

The Zod

Doing this for a group build on a WHIF site. DML M46. Hard to believe 21 years have gone by since this kit came out. :eek:hmy: I will not be adding stowage,because I am a cheapskate. :D Just be overall sand color. I also have a set of AFV club tracks on the way to home.

From what I understand,the M26 and M46 tracks were a bit wider than the Sherman E8 tracks.

I will use some IDF Sherman decals.
h0a4ae2c.JPG

hc42829b.JPG

h903cf89.JPG

h3acfae4.JPG

Now to see if I can find some pics of casting symbols. :pilot

Israeli M46 in work.

Thanks everyone. Hope to have more photos by Saturday. Next few days will be long.

Israeli M46 in work.

I was about to say Israel didn't have these! Otherwise I would have gotten one myself to make Israeli. Still, I'll be following this; I'm looking forward to seeing how you do with this one.

Israeli M46 in work.

I was about to say Israel didn't have these! Otherwise I would have gotten one myself to make Israeli. Still, I'll be following this; I'm looking forward to seeing how you do with this one.

You know how I like what if stuff Mark. :yipee

Israeli M46 in work.

Sorry for no updates yesterday. I had a real bust week miles wise. Plus long days.

hff6f29e.JPG

hb02c953.JPG

h7337136.JPG

To me,the mantlet looks crooked. I used some two part putty for the cover.

This is the barrel. Not sure if there is supposed to be this big of a gap between the muzzle brake and fume extractor.

hf43c154.JPG

Israeli M46 in work. Track modifications.

I honestly tried to build the AFV Club tracks for the M26/M46 series. :bang head So,I decided to use the tracks from a failed Hobby Boss M26A1. However,the M46 used four more links per side. On the area where you would glue the ends together,I have glued four indy links from AFV Club. I will need to add guide horns and end connectors.
hbea9a84.JPG

Chad, I've vowed to stick with German tracks. Those multipart tracks are just too much man. Let me look in my stuff, I used Friuls on the Korean Sherman, those look kinda like the same tracks.

Chad, I've vowed to stick with German tracks. Those multipart tracks are just too much man. Let me look in my stuff, I used Friuls on the Korean Sherman, those look kinda like the same tracks.

The track face looks like the same. The guide horns for the E8 tracks,and those used on the M26 and M46 are different. I could have bought Fruils for this,but I was being cheap. I think modifying the rubber tracks will work. :)

Israeli M46 in work. Paint & decals.

Finally some progress. I need to repaint the hubs on the road wheels,and the center of the support rollers. I originally sprayed Testors IDF sand. But it came out brown.
h4fc34e8.JPG

hda6c908.JPG

h962ca65.JPG

hef8bf38.JPG

Looking good as far as the colour and the weathering go. Aklways interesting to see a "What if" model.

I guess that you kow that the IDF never used the M-46 tank.

You had trouble with the Testor's IDF sand being too brown? Had you thinned it very much or was it just a bad jar?

Cheers

The color looks good enough to me. Dry brushing with off white might help. Now build a Syrian or Egyptian Panzer V Panther. Gary

Back