• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Iraq 2003 (1/35 scale)

num2010

Hi all, I would like to have comments from all of you here very appreciate for my new project.
Actually I didn't name it yet, I don't have any idea but the story about US Army invade a building where terrorists inside.

This project I started since around 7 Oct 10 and I will keep update here.

Figures and others I use in this project are:-

1. UH-60L: Black Hawk-Academy
สนับสนุนพื้นที่ฝากรูป โดย ฝากรูปฟรี ผลบอล

As I asked for help here in article which I misunderstood for the file "Black Hawk Down" http://tanksandthings.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=9&id=38601&Itemid=125
Special thanks for Shawn who gave me consult for this project.

2. M1025 Humvee-Tamiya

3. M1131 Styker-Trumpeter

From now, actually I complete this project for 50% progress but I will try to post them here, especially stuff on vehicles I made.

Thank you.

On the first day I bought these kits, Stryker. My brother helped me to build it which I didn't make any stuff put on it yet. It was wonderful, my brother done it within a couple days. Thanks.
On the next day I paint a whole body.

Yesterday 19/10/10, I attached labels, weighter color @ wheels, vehicle body, attached stuff.

Yesterday night, I made a net which will be cover on top of stuff @ vehicle. I didn't make the holder pin yet and I will show you later.

For today plan (20/10/10), I paint figures for Stryket's crew, driver, etc. I didn't take any pic yet.

Please feel free to comment then I can make more improve. Thanks to watch my project.

Great idea and looks good so far... Like how you have put a lot of planning into the idea. Stryker looks good so far and I can't wait to see the Blackhawk.

John

Thanks, Peter, John, Gatto to keep waiting to see Black Hawk. For my purpose to post it at last because I'm concern the continuous story may make you confuse...sorry that make you waiting.

Today, I'd just completed the Stryker's crew which the Trumpeter's set come along with 3 figures.

Sorry, I'm not good in figures painting, this another most difficult part but I did my best.

Please feel free to comment.

Hi there.

I was thinking that your method of making the cargo nets would also be useful for making the nets inside a stock car.

I bet the figures look better in person than they do blown up as large as the images on the forum.

Cheers from Peter

Thanks Peter.:laugh:

I'd just realize that the picture I took look so red tone and too much closer focus. I will take better picture again including another 4 sets of figures.

They are 1 set of terrorists, 3 sets of US Army (101st Airborne Division & 2nd Infantry Division).

As the pictures I took before are 2nd Infantry Division which I need comment and advise from all of you here.

P.S. I spent 3 days for figures paint..:( :( :blush: ..this a most difficult part for me which I completed 80% fugures painting.
Tommorrow plan, I will make the dio base.

Looking forward to see your comment. Thanks.

Num

Guys,

Let me post all pictures again because last post the broken links were found.
Sorry.
I will post them back soon with more new pictures of completed dio.
Thanks to see.

Num

Num it looks like the server you have your images on is off line or gone. All your old images are not loading either.

You know we have a Gallery here that you are more than welcome to make use as long as you're a member in good standing. And you are!

www.modelersalliance.com/gallery

Re: A Day in Iraq 2003 (1/35 scale)

Hi all, sorry that I didn’t update since I post what I did with Stryker. Actually this product alredy completed since Oct/Nov 10 and I started with the Black Hawk first. I did with cockpit, interior then I leave it and let’s my younger brother helped me to built the Stryker and Humvee as what I said, 1 day each he completed to build. Let me post all pictures again because last time post, the links were broken.

Let’s go back for the story and background to start this dio. The inspiration from the many movies I’d seen recently including with my wife, now she love to see US Army uniform (because I asked for help form her to help me research info for this dio, the automatically, a lot of info consumed thus make her love US Army). She influenced me to make Black Hawk helicopter and Humvee, especially the recent one launched “Bronco M1114” which we couldn’t not wait and the price is expensive. That was why I bought “Tamiya M1025” instead.

OK, let’s come back to the conversation. This project I name “A Day in Iraq 2003”, similar as the film name, isn’t it? The name I also put in Arabic which I translated by Google translate, if any mistake apologize. And the story we supposed for this dio as below.
In the story during Iraq invasion by US during 2003.

Also the designed which I was show before a bit changed at the building. This was helped from my wife, she downloaded Google Sketch up and she said this program is very useful and fantastic.
Figures and model we used.

This project I built Stryker/Humvee/Black Hawk all in the same time with help from my younger brother for the vehicles and did the base/building at last.

Part I : Making the base
I put the plywood underneath the base and at sides of the base.

Foam plate/modeling plaster inside as layer purpose for a better gravity.

You can see, this project completed by helped form everyone in the family, my son was helping me using forcept take the brush hair out from the base while I was shovel the base.

Part II : Making the building
The building were mold from plaster Lafarge Prestia plasters, modeling grade. At the wall outside fit with the Air conditioner compressor which I made from some part of my son’s military tank. (I exchanged the Masked Rider figures with him for his permission.)

At front of the building, I designed for the garage that was why the slide door was made.

Interior, I made the texture at the wall while mold plaster.

The wall inside attached with posters, made them old by scratched and glossy brown paint at the posters border.

Paint the floor.

After all were paint, put them together and tight with UHU glue.

Re: A Day in Iraq 2003 (1/35 scale)

Part III : Making the Stryker
This part actually I post before but as what I said, the links were broken, the web host was crash. Here I post them back again.

Back