• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Independence Day 4 July 2023

90 degrees and 80% humidity, Very cool!
We take it easy these days. Had our swim (senior swim time that is) at the local college pool and I plan on doing yard work for the rest of the day. No cookout or anything, maybe hotdogs for supper.

Be careful in that heat! Take breaks and stay hydrated, Please! Senior swim sounds like fun!

We had a 'Murican breakfast. Warm peach pie with ice cream! I did some calculations on Brandon's 1/350 Caravelle Interceptor 232 boat model plans. New decal graphics for the re-issue of the improved 1/700 USCG Island class 110' WPB set are done.
We're watching "Independence Day" as is traditional. Yard work after it cools off a little and chili dogs for supper later.

Happy Independence Day.
Screenshot_20230702_163803_Chrome.jpg

Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and took a drive over to Vermont for some excellent Cabot cheddar burgers and a local brew. Came back home to play a board game and the daughter made us dinner. Ended by watching 5 episodes of The Bear :)

Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and took a drive over to Vermont for some excellent Cabot cheddar burgers and a local brew. Came back home to play a board game and the daughter made us dinner. Ended by watching 5 episodes of The Bear :)
Congratulations! 1/4 of a century of marriage is to be respected! "The Bear"? We don't see that here on the baked and dusty prairie.

It's on Hulu...the daughter got us into it, but the fact is, she doesn't often watch stuff with us so I'm really just enjoying her company more than anything...but it's been pretty good.

Mostly overcast and on and off rain/thunderstorms for our fourth here in MA, pretty much just a lazy day with family and some on and off bench sessions.

I have Hulu and have seen The Bear advertised, have even heard a few other people talk about it. I guess I’ll have to give it a look.

As I finally bought the house I am living in about a year and a half ago, I have been slowly unpacking, organizing, and have been diligently working to empty a very long time storage building in another state. That process is almost done. The only thing left in storage is a now vintage VW Beetle that is ready to be transported once my "son-in-law" and daughter have the time to do so.
The rest of the process has been to get all my ducks from over 30 years of moving around in a row and get things organized and weeded out. It has been a long process. The hobby room is mostly done except for getting all organized. I posted pics for that a while back. It isn't there yet but other things have been needing work.
This has been a vacation week as my work place is closed for the 4th week. Last weekend I finally went to IKEA and bought 6 shelving units that were on sale leading up to the 4th. Like Saúl, I have been a very long time collector of books and videos. For years I passed on cable TV and bought DVD's and later BleRay's to watch videos and programs I wanted to see. It was cheaper and the money wasn't just running down the drain like it does with cable. My book collection has been paperback fiction and fantasy going back to when I was in Jr High and I have a lot of those books as well. Time to finally get them all in one place to start organizing and making a list of what I have.

The back bedroom is a guest or back up sleep area, and I did a plan for it before anything else. This works great and saved me from spending on some shelves that would not have worked.
Corner BR shelves layout.jpg

Turns out my plan worked better than I hoped and all the paper backs and all the movies are now in one place even though they are mostly a jumbled mess. That will be easier now that they are all together.

Paperbacks 23-07-07.jpg

The books are all together with one shelf completely organized. The Perry Rhodan series is all together and in done, everything that has ever been available in the US. That series was a serial book written in Germany starting back in the early 60's and I believe it is still going all these years later. The first 108 books were translated by Wendayne Ackerman and several others and published by ACE books. There were another 20 that were self published after ACE stopped printing. I was privileged to meet her and her husband Forry Ackerman at a convention and was able to get them to sign several of the books.

The movie shelves were a surprise in that I was able to get all the movies into the shelves. They are now out of the storage boxes and the stacks that have been around are now all here.
Movies etc 23-07-07.jpg

These all need to be organized and cataloged as well. This room is now about 98% done and I can finally move along to other things. My muscles are sore and the last couple days I have just been relaxing. This week has been quite productive. Still have a ways to go and am weeding out more today. One of these days I will be able to get back to the hobby and build/finish something.

It started out great! Breakfast with the Flute section of the local HS band (My grand-daughter is the section leader), the annual parade, lunch with my sweetie before she made her daily rounds with her mother and then her crazy uncle. We went to a fireworks picnic... and then the back began to spasm. I laid down for 30 minutes but they didn't go away so I then spent 5 hours in the ER at the VA. I am paying for the indiscretions of my youth.

Well, mine was a blast. As usual, I spent the day cooking burgers, dogs and Polish sausages for a friend at his yard party so he could spend the whole time with his family and the other 30+ people who came. His son-in-law brought a huge box of fireworks and spent the rest of the night after dinner firing them off. By that time Disney started firing off their fireworks so we all watched that chow since my friend lives only 3 blocks away from Disneyland.

Two days later I'm down with a flu and have been fighting it hard to this day. A whole two weeks wasted trying to fight this tenacious thing off.

Today is my anniversary (31 years) and my wife has gone to work and I'm going back to bed. I really want to be over this thing!

Back