• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Imperial Body Armor

modelguru

I finally decided to jump in the fray....... try not to laugh . My figure skills are lacking , but I will try to keep up .

008-26.jpg

Is this a Japanese officer with some sort of body-armor?
All resin with white-metal arms and sword,...pretty unusual. :woohoo:

What kind of paint you are going to use on this one?
Good luck on this one!Looking forward to see this one. :popcorn

[Nice to have you posting again!]
Greetings,Ron.

It is a unusual piece. As for what kind of paint whether enamel oils or acrylic.
I am using acrylic. As for the brand it is all modelmakerz.
I have recently learned a new trick for doing figures with all acrylic....... so we will see how it turns out.
Thanks for the kind words Ron It feels good to be posting again. I had become discouraged with everything from modeling to business but all is on the rise now .............so that makes me want to post more.

After all the assembly and mostly clean up and fill ....... the figure was primed white . Next was a base of yellow which is mostly a preference thing , followed by a top coat of modelmakerz khaki.
The sword was re positioned from what is suggested ............ I dont really like the sword I may make a new one.
043-1.jpg

044-3.jpg

050-3.jpg

051-2.jpg

Got some more work done mostly putting in the base colors. Spent some time adding the first layering to the shadows on the fabric.

002-29.jpg

003-28.jpg

Hey MG,

I really love your choice of figures. Very unique!

You're off to a good start, I'll keep tuned.

Bob

Back