• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IJN Aircraft Carrier AKAGI 1:350

Nearly two years in the making, it's now finished. It's my most expensive kit ever.
Hasegawa's IJN Aircraft Carrier AKAGI 1:350 w/ PE Upgrade Sets A,B,C and SuperDetail Set, w/ PitRoad's IJN Seaman WWII - by "Toom":

m65-377.jpg

m65-378.jpg

m65-379.jpg

m65-383.jpg

m65-380.jpg

m65-381.jpg

m65-382.jpg

m65-390.jpg

m65-392.jpg

m65-393.jpg

m65-395.jpg

m65-400.jpg

m65-401.jpg

m65-411.jpg

m65-414.jpg

m65-425.jpg

m65-426.jpg

m65-427.jpg

These are more image in my latest page:

http://www.falconbbs.com/model65c.htm

Comments and suggestions are welcome! :) :coolio

Really impressive, friend :notworthy

The PE is indeed mindblowing.
These early Japanese carriers have this strange kind of gothic look, like the Batman or Jules Verne scenery.
I love it (y) (y)

Willem

James, Plastik Smurff, Duke and willem - Thank you very much for your kind compliments! I really appreciate them!

I'm glad that this big project has been finished because now "Toom" is free to work on smaller projects. This includes:
- Orange Hobby's Swedish Navy Visby Class Corvette "Harnosand" 1:350
- Hobby Boss's German Navy Submarine Type VII B 1:350
- Bronco's German Long-Range Submarine U-IX C 1:350
- Orange Hobby's Russian Corvette "Steregushchy" 1:350
- MonoChrome's IJN Destroyer "Akizuki" 1942 1:350
- Dragon's German Z-39 Destroyer 1:350 (w/ 3D figures)
- Tamiya's Patrol Boat River "PBR" Pibber 1:35

Late last month I got a new device that could turn my 32" LCD TV into a computer with Internet access. It's so nice to see images on a big screen, it's much bigger than on 17" screen:

30oct2012-12.jpg

30oct2012-13.jpg

What a fantastic job tucked away here, i've only just found it !! It deserves a front page article or at least a mention in the monthly news letter ;)

excellent attention to detail ! I mean PE railings look like hard work alone ! nicely photographed and great colour/paint finish.

My model of the month :) (y)

Thanks so much for your kind compliments, paddy! I really appreciate them!

My photos are not so good. They were taken by a cheap, under $100 camera, and many times the flash worked automatically even though I set it to "Off". So the photos' brightness is not consistent and many are over-lighted.

"Toom" is a very talented ship builders. You should see also the "Yamato" that he built. He could make the deck looks wooden without using wooden deck:

m51-074.jpg

m51-073.jpg

More images on this page:

http://www.falconbbs.com/model51b.htm

This is some pretty impressive work Model Maniac! What an incredible job!

I can understand why it took such a long time to complete! It would have been neat to have been on the bow or stern while she was sailing on a clear day! Underneath that suspended flight deck!

Back