• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IJA Type 95 Ha-Go

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Dave Harper meant a lot to many folks here, so to participate and to say Happy Birthday, Dave! I decided to build something for you fellas to shoot at! This 1/72 scale kit from Dragon looks like a really nice piece and should give me yet another challenging paint job to figure out!

IMG_4292.JPG

IMG_4291.JPG

I've got my hands full with several ongoing campaigns, but wanted to at least get my spot reserved. :drinks

Got up early today, thought I was going to the in laws, but my wife had a sinus headache, so I went to the workshop. The Ha Go has been talking to me since I got it, so I decided to see what's in the box.

IMG_4296.JPG

IMG_4297.JPG

Quite a surprise upon opening, there's not much to this little gem, but it is nicely done!

IMG_4299.JPG

OMG is this thing little, what have I got into????

IMG_4298.JPG

Kind of feels like this..

Cugat.jpg

I assembled the hull, primed and shot the yellow where the stripes belong, letting it dry before masking. Progress pix to follow. (y)

That is tiny. I didn't know it was 1/72 second scale.You might have to contact MIT to use their electron microscope.

Joe

Thats a honking big box for such a small kit,... thats where the money goes on this kit I`ll bet,..packaging !

But,.. good start to a great little project Mike :)

I sure wish they put more than one in the box like many of their small scale releases. After all, they are like chips, you can't just build one!

Regards,

Yes, small kit but is very detailed and the tracks are very nice. :popcorn

All the best! ;)
Dusan.

This is going to be one of those start then finish builds, I usually prefer to post WIP pix, but got on a roll and didn't stop to take pictures. The kit fell together, the paint is Tamiya. I used Silly Putty to make the bright yellow line, the rest is air brushed in a soft edge pattern.

IMG_4485.JPG

IMG_4486.JPG

IMG_4487.JPG

IMG_4488.JPG

IMG_4489.JPG

IMG_4490.JPG

IMG_4491.JPG

Of course, no tank would be without a crew, here's the painter/commander

Japanese_Visitor.jpg

Fun little build, although the size made it more difficult for me. Happy Birthday, Dave! This one's for you! :notworthy :notworthy

Mikey, that thang looks good! The varying camo is of course to break it up, but the yellow stripe was there as a means to confuse the pre-war optical range finders, and also to make it difficult for distant enemies to tell if the tanks were coming or going.

I have always really liked the weird Japanese tanks, ad this one is no exception - great job!

Back