• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

If you owned a model shop...

If it were my shop, I'd stock the biggest variety of ship kits I could, giving them an entire aisle like Brookhurst does. With 296 model ships built, I should give love to as many ships and companies as I can.

If it were my shop, I'd stock the biggest variety of ship kits I could, giving them an entire aisle like Brookhurst does. With 296 model ships built, I should give love to as many ships and companies as I can.
And you're going to go to North Georgia to clean out his stock Mark?

Not sure how many model builders there are in Clarksville GA.

Not sure what is in North Georgia. I doubt I could clean anyone out; I'm married and broke with no prospects outside of Christmas and Birthday money. :blush:

Awesome. I wish I had better selection at the local shop here. But I try to get my paints and maybe a kit now and again (if I can find anything that interests me) to try to support him.

I decided to buy all that I can from the LHS, even though it is 30 miles and 45 minutes away. They will order anything I want or need. No more internet (unless that is the only way to get something).

I build only floaties, (ships) 1/700, 1/350, old box scale, in plastic, all US, particularly USN, boats and ships in wood, from kits and from scratch, in several scales. As close as I get to non ships are a few landing craft and stuff. Got about 30 in the stash and about 40 sitting around in the den. At my age, I'll have to live to 130 to be able to finish them all and that assumes I'll actually knuckle down and work on them.
I did build one airplane, a DC3 from Dumas, a wood kit. I liked the framework, so did not apply the paper/dope or vinyl skin. I finished the wood frame with clear lacquer. The only reason I did this kit was because the US Navy flew me in one from my home town to Anacostia Naval air station on my way to pick up my ship, the USS ESSEX, CVS-9, in 1961.
Also built a tank once with my grandson. I won it at a club raffle and when he saw it he wanted to build it, so we did.

EJ

Back