• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I will gladly pay you Tuesday...

Paulw

Yep,a Wimpy. Trumpeter Vickers Wellington Mk Ic.

Several months ago Chef built one in 72 and then I got this one from nerdling for S.S. last year. I figured it is time to bring it out and see what kind of dam... err. Wellington I can produce.

Instead of going with the pit first I chose to assemble the engines. I thought that the 32 scale R 2800 was a pain in the kiester but this tiny one has its own challenges, mostly due to the size.

Then I went to the pit
the ip is one of those size challenges again due to size.

I doubt any of these will be seen once the fuse gets closed up but the parts are there to go into the plane so that's what I'll do.

Here are a couple more ego shots. You know the drill, after its closed up it wont be seen.

I will get this sewn up tomorrow and then Ill go on to finish up a couple of finished kit to get them done. I know it doesn't make sense but it needs to be done.

Back in the day, when I was very, very young, the Airfix Wellington was the first model I ever used masking tape on !! - Still hung it from the ceiling tho' till it accumulated so much dust it simply fell to the floor...

...in the middle of the night !!

Will be watching this one progress, Paul.

Ian

What a nifty Airplane you got there! The engines were particularly interesting. I say "Harrumph!"
Keep up the good work!! (or Play, as it were!)

Back