• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I was tired of sanding - so something small

mlp

in between :)

this:

P1050085_1.jpg

well to say it up front, this Mastercraft 1/72 kit is crap - there is nothing which fits to the other and in the end it is a mixture between a Yak-3 and a Yak-1 but I didn't care :) I just wanted to smear color ...

P1050104_1.jpg

P1050105_1.jpg

P1050107_1.jpg

P1050109_1.jpg

P1050112_1.jpg

P1050113_1.jpg

so here you go, a very dirty Russian bird - as it looks it could be a left one at the corner of an left airfield which the Germans are just occupied ...

never mind

Thanks for your kind comments.

erm, Laura, just think of it being a tank ... that would work for you I guess ... and you should see me doing a tank ... :)

Hi MlP
I like the paint job. Is that your general impression of Mastercraft ? I have been curious about that brand. Not that many choices in the VVS . My Yak I involved a good bit of work but at least it tried to go together.

Cheers, Christian

Thanks Christian!

No, thats not my general Impression of Mastercraft. I've done some Mig-21 of them and those were quite nice. All kits of them I've seen so far did have a very soft plastic and a lot of flash. And in most kits the canopies were not clear at all. Compared to a short run kit i.e. Mach2 the Mastercraft are not worse, the Migs were better.

I like the whitewash Martin. Good on ya. Amazing what can be done in a week when one sets one's mind to it.

Back