• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I HATE ZIMMERIT!!!

TomN

Not modeling it...LOOKING AT IT!!!

I don't know why, but for me looking at a model (or real) vehicle with zimmerit is an instant turnoff. I guess I prefer
the look of painted, weathered metal. Anyone else share the same or similar pet peeve?

Tom
(Sorry, just bored and procrastinating on a Friday night.)

TOM,

Really ... you even hate lookin at it ?? Take a look at this thread ... See if it changes your mind :D
- https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/ground-power/62391-re-this-place-is-a-zoo-?limit=8&start=56#70280

@ :mpup - lol .. Well I guess You would really hate using some Atak Resin Zimmerit ? ( being Zimmerit & made of Resin) :D I too have a severe disdain for an ALL resin Kit. Some .. Just never come out right. I personally don't thin kI should have to drop a few major $$ to get a Resin - Truck , panzer etc , & then have to soak parts of it in Hot Water to straighten them out .. If that's always inherent to a Resin kit .. I'll pass every time ! Figures are a different matter ... Some of th Best Figures I have in th stash are Resin ....

:laugh: Hate zimmerit?? :laugh: I'm working on a Tiger 1 with zimmerit applied using the hot knife method. Not as much fun as I had anticipated!!

Luckily for me I don't model stuff that had Zim so yeah, not a fan either.

I'm also not a huge fan of resin kits (for the very same reason the pup mentioned) but in some cases I have no other choice. I have a few trailers in resin and they aren't bad kits for the most part but it sure would be much easier if they were plastic.

Don't see it happening though so it's on wiff da fafe maffk. :stinker

Well, there are exceptions, of course. I don't mind it too much on Sturmtigers and, yes, Elephants. But I would much rather
look at a Panther, Stug, Kingtiger or Tiger without zim.

As for resin, I have limited experience, some figures and detail parts. I do have a few resin kits in the stash, so maybe I can join
the haters club soon. :laugh:

It's the other side of the fence for me, I like the rough texture of the zimmerit. The shading it adds makes a vehicle take on a completely different look, not to mention the challenge it adds to a model that doesn't come with zimmerit.

Resin sucks, plain and simple, but sometimes there's no other way to get a basket o' taters. :D

Back