• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hurry Home Honey

Paulw

Since I cant get a C-47 soon Ill have a go at the Dragon P-51D Early as Cripes A'mighty 3rd.
Major George Preddy's Blue Nosed Bastard of Bodney.

Well here is the challenge to this kit, trying to make it into something it isn't. I will forgo the Preddy plane for another time because it it something that I want to do with a Tamiya kit instead. So I am going straight out of the box with the Bud Anderson Hurry Home Honey.

this kit has a more fine rivet detail but the panel lines are still as wide as the Grand Canyon. So here are my start pix.

more to come in the following weeks.... ;)

After looking at the interior to the Mustang I decided to up the ante a smidge. The control column looked as if some one stuck a Klondike Bar on the stick and its not even jalapeno. I bought an ip and a stick from Squadron for the amazing price of $17.00 for both including shipping.

I also figured that a figure would go well with this in this case, one I gleaned from my last P-40 kit.
So today I assembled the engine and the torso of the pilot and to tell the truth I think he looks more authentic that many other Hasegawa pilots look.

So let me know what you guys think. :pilot

Bill's not here, man!

Cheech_and_Chong.jpg

:laugh:

Nice work!

The pit deck is too narrow for a good fit and I took off too much resin on the ip so now it sits too low in the pit. other than that this is where I am for now.

Build up the pedestal of the IP with some styrene if it's too low for you Paul. It looks good, I like the depth of the IP gages.

:popcorn

I took Bobs advice and built up the pedestal of the ip and it sits sorta kinda straight and in its proper location,sorta,kinda. :pp I buttoned it up and glued it all around and it looks OK to me.

That is until I noticed this...... :angry: :S :idonno

I wasn't aware of this malady until I had every thing glued together, isn't that the way it always happens?
I figure it came off of the sprue that way because I dont remember sanding any of it previously so if there are any ideas on how to repair this I sure would be listening.

Ouch. I was looking at the rudder hing point, thinking a bit of plastic strip, no problem. Then I noticed the tip and WOW. Could you maybe build the tip up with some miliput or epoxy putty, and sand to shape?
James

Back