• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

How's the weather at your house?

DioRandy

Hey, everybody
My new boss convinced upper management to close our Chicago offices and ground my fleet tomorrow for the first time in company history due to our "Historic Blizzard."
However, because our senior district manager failed to formulate a contingency plan, we'll all be working Saturday. He's an idiot. It took me twice as long to get home from work tonight because of wind gusts of 40-50 mph, causing blowing and drifting snow accompanied by periods of "whiteout."
Oh, well. I'm home now and about to crack open my bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey and fade into the couch.
By the way, did the ground hog see his shadow today?
Peace and Love,
Randy

In Houston,the city not the planet,:gogo it was in the 70's yesterday. It was cold and windy today.:blink

Hi Gene yep, thats wants coming over your way. I'm in Georgia and thats what we got.

This storm is darn nasty. My folks up in New Market IN. lost power this morning and are trying to save all the pipes in the house from freezing. Other friends in Illinois lost power a couple hours ago. This could end up being a pretty devistating storm by the time it's over.

Tim

I don't think they found the ground hog....

40s here, drizzle rain and not much more forecast for the rest of the week. Sorry you guys are getting pounded like this. Be careful!

I can remember big blizzard hit ND when I was there. We hunkered down after hitting the liquor store buying up Jim Beam, coke, beef jerky and doritos (I wish I had those brain cells back, didn't realize I was going to need them now). Got the rest of our pay check in change to play poker till we got dug out. They dug the chow hall out first and we left the barracks out the second floor window, Snow blocked the doors getting outside 4-5 foot.

Its mental outside cant see the house opposite, whiteout

Lightening and Thunder snow which is something Ive never ever seen or heard before :D

Bloody dog wants to go for a walk but hes been told to bugger off to bed :D

Looks like we're getting the beginning of that storm system hitting you Chicago boys...temps dropped in the last couple days. We are looking to get upwards of 2 feet by tomorrow night...luckily one of the perks of being a teacher is snow days...although it is only Feb. 2 and we'll be using our last one...with a whole lot o' winter left!

-5 now wind chill - bad they say -40 tonight with it. Add what snow we got filling in any low spots.

Stupid weather. Getting warmer. Should be 6C by tomorrow. That will stay a bit and then into the freezer again. Playing havoc with my joints.
James

We're sunny, looking for a high around 64F. Of course, I'll miss it, working this PM! Groundhog??
http://www.groundhog.org/

8f degrees,12 inches of snow on top of 1/4 inch of ice right now.
Going down to -10f with -25f wind chill index tonight. :(

More on the way Sunday and Monday :gogo
Tony Lee :)

Sorry to hear about all the snow and blizzards: I know it's not fun thing! :pinch:

Well, we're getting temps in the high 90s F (35-38 C) which can be pretty annoying too, not to say plain unpleasant. :huh: There's some rain predictions for the next coupla days, which I hope will confirm themselves - it's the only way to cool off this inferno. :)

Cheers and all the best! B)
Fernao

Okay, Andy
We heard ya the first time. Somebody should have shot that little furry rodent! An early Spring? Yeah, right.
Peace and Love
Randy

Back