• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

how do Iremove primer

I have just sprayed a very nice base with white army painter primer. I think I had the can to far away ,as everything that was smooth has now become gritty and horrible. Is there an easy way to remove it all and start over ?

thanks

No easy way I dont think. I use oven cleaner. Could you give it a lite rub down with extra fine steel wool?
James

Primer is usually meant to be sanded, try that before stripping. Stripping usually leads to trouble.

Well I've been using Polly S "Easy Lift Off" quite a bit lately :( , which smells and feels a lot
like brake fluid, so I would think either of those, or oven cleaner would work just fine.

Tom

91 % alcohol and a soft brush will remove just about anything . Try it on a piece that is not important first. Not sure what it will do resin .

Cheers, Christian B)

Yikes stripping - what's the model - aircraft or armor, if armor is it to be weathered with mud etc - if so sand or use a paper towel for smoothing - then weather it after painting

One product I swear by is Tamiya Fine white primer, I use this on all builds, all it needs is a light rub down with paper towel to smooth it off - just leave it for a good day to fully cure.

It is Very forgiving - even if you spray too close or too heavy.

HTH

I`ll ask my wife ,..she has no problem stripping paint and primer from the front wheel arch of my new car :facepalm

I`ll ask my wife ,..she has no problem stripping paint and primer from the front wheel arch of my new car

:rotf Ouch!!

You better hope the good wife doesn't read that comment!!!

Back