• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hopeing all our friends in the Southern States are

jknaus

Administrator
Hope everyone is safe and sound. Looking at the news it does not sound good down there after yesterdays tornado's. Almost 300 lost. Thats unbelievable. My thoughts and prayers for the families.
James

South Carolina dodged this front, again that western slope of the Blue Ridge Mountains does it's job.

I'm looking over our user, I know Tim (I've gotten use to his real name, can't call his user name) is in southern Tennessee or Northern Ga. Can't think of anyone else I know of.

Thoughts and prayers for sure. If you've ever seen a tornado you know how Mother Nature is really in charge.

here's a video of ONE that touched down yesterday.
Folks, they comment about this guy being brave, well as they say, it's a fine line between brave and crazy. Expect no video like this from me, that's all I'll say.

[video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]5ohIVzIZLuQ[/video]

Hi James and Bob, wow... I aint been on here in a bit... :blush: All I can say is we got really lucky here at the house. The tornado that Devistated Trenton GA. skipped over top of our house but we felt the pressure and it rattled the place pretty good, it was rated today as a F3. I could'nt quite make it home and had to ride it out under an overpass. Poor wife was still sitting the bathtub (safest place at our home) with the three dogs when I did get there. Our Chihuaha Lucy is still shanking from it today.
Ringgold GA., about 5 miles from us, was slammed by a different one soon after. 15 confirmed deaths there with more missing. People are finding bits of paper up here in north GA. with Birmigham, Cullman and Tuscaloosa AL. address's on them.
The damage is wide spread as you could imagine with over 100 tornados ripping across five states in one day. Our hearts go out to the families that have lost homes and loved ones.

Tim

Glad to hear everyone safe Tim.

You're way over there on the other side of Dalton from me. Again that western slope pushing the weather. Hope Lucy calms down soon!

All is cool here in the Piedmont of North Carolina, we got some wind, thunder and lightning, not much rain. Thoughts and prayers to those devastated in Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia.

Glad to hear that everyone out that way is OK...
Mother Nature must be really upset. My thoughts and Prayers are with
those who have lost loved ones and material things. It upsets me when
you see the person that has lost their house, but they need to step back
and remember that they have the people that they love.
Things are things, they can be replaced. (Yeah I know this 1st hand, I lost
a lot of things (over 150 built models, over 300 unbuilt models and most
of my reference material) in a fire when I was stationed in the Middle East.
But at least my family was safe. I still to this day, remember something that
I forgot was in storage...
On a weirder note... There was a funnel cloud up here in Washington State a
couple of towns away Yesterday... It was right over a little league field where
this team was practicing. It hung around for about 45 minutes. I'm just glad
it never touched the ground...
Keep safe everyone.
Shawn

We live on Mission Ridge here in north Ga. I'm thinking thats why the Trenton tornado skipped up over us... I don't know but it did drop back down.
Trenton GA., btw was hit by two, one in the am and the other in late afternoon. We can't go to Ringgold as the entire city is closed to non emergency vehicles. There are pieces of what looks like interior stuff from a trailer(s) or modular home(s) in our yard. Who nows where it came from or how far it travelled.
I have an amazing pic of the one that hit Ringgold on my phone. Will have to figure out how to get it on here.
The official count of tornados is 211....wow!

Tim

Back