• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HOLT 75 ARTILLERY TRACTOR & BL 8 INCH HOWITZER MK. VII (PHASE ONE TRACTOR COMPLETE)

I would bet steering clutches, that's probably what the two handles to the left of the steering wheel are.

Update.....

DSC00178.JPG
DSC00180.JPG
DSC00181.JPG
DSC00182.JPG
DSC00183.JPG

I talked to a friend today who has some experience with the Holt 75, and he confirmed that they did have steering clutches so the tracks can be run independantly for steering, you release the clutch for the side you are turning toward. I also learned that that big round housing in the back covers what I would call bull gears. One was for forward and the other was for reverse. A pinion was slid from one to the other to change directions.

Coming long great Terry! Are planning a little dio for this and the field gun?

Reactions: MrT
Oh man! I could swear this was the real thing! Man, every time I think I'm getting better, I see something like this and realize just how far I have to go before I could even be considered 'good'. Terry, you rock!

Awesome Terry!

Gotta love that big metal steering wheel on the front! What did these things make, 2-3 miles per hour???

I'd really happy with that outcome. You're friggin' eons ahead of me in terms of weathering I can tell you that. Your efforts are to be commended.

Back