• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HobbyBoss Me 262

matrixone

Here are some in-progress pics of my 1/48 scale Me 262.

400880202.jpg

400880200.jpg

400999334.jpg

400999332.jpg

This model is now very close to being finished and expect pictures of it in the next few days.

Matrixone

Thank you Mike!

This is a standard Me 262 paint scheme. The nose is in a different color because it replaced the standard nose section.

I used Model Master enamel paints and my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush for the painting, the Revolution BR makes painting these late war Luftwaffe schemes very easy. :dance

Matrixone

Very nice indeed. I concur, the soft edge camo. is nicely done. Achieving that soft random effect continues to elude me.
Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks very much Bill!

Just a short while ago this model was finished, now I have to wait for the weather to clear to get some pictures of it.

Matrixone

Thanks Moon Puppy!

Today was supposed to be nice weather but that did not happen so I might have to wait a while to be able to get outside and take pictures of the new models.
The Bf 109 is just okay but the Me 262 is looking much better, I am really curious what the models will look like through the camera. :hmmm

Matrixone

I really liked what you have done sir; in fact I just started (construction)on the same kit last week :D

Looking forward to your pictures :drinks

B) B) Beautiful paint work - your brown violet is spot on - did u use a pre-mix or create it yourself?

I would love to hear your technique :eek:hyeah !

Ian.

I love that saw blade detail on the nose! What kinda airbrush did you use for that? My Paache H won't cut a line that sharp, maybe it's just me! Great addition to your pile there matrix.

Thank you Gambit, Ian, Christian, kryptosdaddy, and James!

Ian,
The RLM 81 is a custom mix, I use Model Master enamels and don't like their version of brownviolet. I used a 50/50 mix of Model Master RLM 81 and Panzer Shokelbraun...this mix looks much closer to the intended color.

kryptosdaddy,
I used my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush for painting this model. I have seven airbrushes including a couple of the expensive Iwata fine detail brushes and I have found the Iwata Revolution BR to work the best for spraying model paints.
Except for the places I needed to mask to get a sharp line the entire model was painted free-handed including much of the weathering.

The weather is clear today I should be able to get outside and take pictures of the finished model.

Matrixone

Back