• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heya Guys

SA Dave

Since the start of the "CRISES" I have not been on here much. Computer is at work and not much work when your country died overnight. Was really sick the first few weeks and just now recovering, Finally been having energy to start excersising but that can just also be all the bread I have been eating. Just a scream out to all you guys from the mad efrican I miss you guys. If any of you is on whatssapp lemme know.

Best way to get a mojo going is to look through someone else's build thread especially an old Chuk thread :)

Sometimes when my mojo is no go, I'll come across an article on a particular subject or something on current events to spark my interest. Most recently in an ' Air and Space" magazine was an article on Ukraine's Su-27's. What a beautiful aircraft till one is on your six. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Dave welcome back. Glad you came through everything okay. If you want a little mojo combined with a simple OOB build, check out my Thread where I have a lot going on, all OOB. Otherwise, checking out a Chuck Thread, or Bob Letterman should also get a rise in your mojo.

Any way you do it, I hope it works. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work and comments.

Hey Dave...

I hear you brother. I'm on my third week back teaching and I'm working harder than I did my rookie year 22 years ago...usually crashed out by 9:30;every night...no juice left for modeling.

Hey DAVE! I understand about the lack of Mojo, it affects me a fair amount. Lately it has hit me a couple of times. I let it go for a week and finally just go in the hobby cave. Then look at what I have been working on and go "I am going to do something even if it is just to glue 2 parts together". Invariably what happens is 4 hours later I have done way more than glue 2 parts together and my mojo is back. I just have to go in and DO something which gets it started and it comes back quickly. If you wait for the "I feel like doing this" you might have to wait for a long time so, even if you don't "feel" like it just go in and DO something.

Hope this suggestion helps my friend.

Sometimes when my mojo is no go, I'll come across an article on a particular subject or something on current events to spark my interest. Most recently in an ' Air and Space" magazine was an article on Ukraine's Su-27's. What a beautiful aircraft till one is on your six. Gary S. XLV MMXX
Gary, I have one of the big 1/32 Trumpeter Su-27B kits and found decals, masks and paint to do it in the gorgeous Ukrainian blue digital color scheme. I need to pick up the 2 seater and get the items to do one of them as well. They are gorgeous!

Su27B number 37.jpg

Buck up there, Lil' Camper! I too, have suffered from a lack of Model Mojo of late. My Honey threatens to close me up in the model office and not serve me another drinkie until I paint/build something. Bedtime comes about 2100 CST. Making supper and tending "Bar" keep me busy most weeknights. Current events in the USA just boggle my addled brain.

Stay the Course, My Efrikan Brother! This too, shall pass!

Hey DAVE! I understand about the lack of Mojo, it affects me a fair amount. Lately it has hit me a couple of times. I let it go for a week and finally just go in the hobby cave. Then look at what I have been working on and go "I am going to do something even if it is just to glue 2 parts together". Invariably what happens is 4 hours later I have done way more than glue 2 parts together and my mojo is back. I just have to go in and DO something which gets it started and it comes back quickly. If you wait for the "I feel like doing this" you might have to wait for a long time so, even if you don't "feel" like it just go in and DO something.

Hope this suggestion helps my friend.

Gary, I have one of the big 1/32 Trumpeter Su-27B kits and found decals, masks and paint to do it in the gorgeous Ukrainian blue digital color scheme. I need to pick up the 2 seater and get the items to do one of them as well. They are gorgeous!

View attachment 128252
What a beautiful picture and aircraft. I'm doing mine in the stock Soviet colors of the cloud blues and grays. It's the Academy 1/48th scale kit. The F-15 is nice looking, but as far as looks go the Su-27 takes the cake. A "Wings of the Red Star" would be a great campaign.
OIP.jpg
1-48-scale-model-russian-soviet-union-su-27-flanker-b-jet-fighter-plastic-model-kit-1.jpg

How are you going to get to the Museum of the USAF, if you don't build the plane to fly over here? HUH? HUH?

The Su-27 in the photo is a possible for me to actually build. Bought decals and paint masks for the digital from a source in the Ukraine. Need to finish my current builds first.

Back