• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heuschrecke ( grasshopper)

I'm sure some of you have seen this one posted elsewhere, but I thought I would post it here too. I wanted to do some thing other than a wreck for a change of pace. I have too many projects on the bench, not to mention the ones that got shelved.
I build the model basically out of the box to depict a vehicle that is in the final stages of assembly. I'm using this model to practice painting raw metal using the technique used by Adam Wilder.

floorweaathering003.jpg

painting007.jpg

painting008.jpg

painting009.jpg

painting010.jpg

painting011.jpg

I still have the turret to build and paint so there is more to come.

Rob

Beautiful , just beautiful .
I love your rusty , crusty approach to modeling !!!
I'll refer to your work alot when attempting wrecks !!!

Oh and factory primer builds .

Wonder if my tetanus shot is up to date? Better get a booster if Rob is gonna be around here much! Nice work, sir, very impressive! :ro:

Great model Rob, only a quaestion, What the color mix from railway canon?. it's a red dark paint, it's a great job.

Congrats

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.
Here is a small up date on this baby. I worked on the fenders and gantry using a different method to simulate bare metal. The wheel boogies are also painted and installed but still need some touching up.

Grasspaint011.jpg

Grasspaint012.jpg

Grasspaint013.jpg

Grasspaint007.jpg

Grasspaint008.jpg

Grasspaint014.jpg

Grasspaint015.jpg

Now to finish building the turret and road wheels, If all goes to plan I may have this one done by the end of the week, Monday the latest, not counting the base.

Rob

Hey Rob, this is wonderful work, maybe you'd like to do a Step by Step of how you're doing this technique.

I'd love to do a SBS, problem is that most of what I do is experimenting and I usually (never) don't write anything down. When I stumble across a method the next model is used to perfect or improve on the tech. I'll try to get something together this weekend, and will of course post it here for you guys and gals.
Rob

Now come on Rob, that's one you have knocked up in metal and left lying around.
Plastic just doesn't look like that :blink

As a matter of interest, have you ever painted something that is not knocked out
/burnt out /being built?????

Truly masterful
Pete

Rob this is just...ehh just...don't know what to say...I am just speechless. You are doing a fantastic job there :notworthy

Thanks Terry, again
Thanks Pete, glad you like how it's coming along. The turret is almost done, I'll post pics soon. As for building something NOT burnt,wrecked or being built I sure have. I built some normal tanks in the past couple of years, lots of Sdkfz 251's. I'll post them in the showcase page.

Rob

Great concept Rob and there is no'one more qualified to pull it off than you bud this is already looking amazing i cant wait for more.

Ron.

Hey Ron nice to here from you again buddy. Saw your Pz III, awesome work my friend. Sorry I haven't left my two scents yet. Great to have you back, always loved your models.

Rob

I had a pretty productive day today. The turret was built and most of the painting is done.
Here are some pics of how it looks at the moment with the turret half test fitted but not glued.

grasshopperturret011.jpg

grasshopperturret012.jpg

grasshopperturret013.jpg

grasshopperturret014.jpg

grasshopperturret016.jpg

grasshopperturret019.jpg

This baby is nearly done..

Rob

Back