• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Here's mine

Gene

openedkit1-vi.jpg

datetime1-vi.jpg

extrastuff1-vi.jpg

Hope this works!!!! :laugh:

Gene I think you need to get the BBCode for your images at Fotki, I moved your startup to the Hotrod section.

Now let's see some modeling! :mpup

Gene:

I see you are going with a Hemi, but which one. A 426, 392, or 331? I'm sorry I didn't recognized your handle when you sent me that welcome message, but you merged the signiture together.

Dave W.

I would probably put in either a 29 Ford Hot Rod or a custom 36 Ford coupe. The 29 is going to have an old "Red Ram" Hemi from the Ala Kart option to the 29. The 36 would have the hopped up engine that was already in the kit. As for pictures, I still need to come up with the batteries for the digital camera that we have. All I gotta do is figure things out with that darn thing.

Dave W.

Gene:

Where are you going to get a 392 Hemi for that? That car is in 1/24 and most of the Hemis I've seen are in 1/25. I can't recall Monogram doing a 392 Hemi in 1/24 scale. I'm gonna have to watch this one.

Dave W

As long as the size is close and looks right in the engine bay, I'd say use it. Gene, the mill from the AMT Ala Kart kit is very undersized and is 1/25 too, so I'd stay away from it. The Ala Kart engine would look good in a '29 roadster, Dave!
Photoshoot04162007b006-1.jpg

Photoshoot04162007b008.jpg

:drinks

Here is a link to some nice big engines! but it seems that they are for both 1/24 and 1/25 so i guess it's no big difference in size...
http://www.scalereprosplus.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1
there is a ton of other nice stuff there to :)
//Mats

Mike:

Thats just where the engine came from thats going into the 29 Roadster. You read my mind. Theres just a couple of little things I need to get to do the job. Thanks for thinking my way.

Dave W.

Guys,
The '32 Ford 5 window kit. Comes with a hemi as an option. It's a 392 or out that family.Why you ask. Well all 392's came with rear mounted distributors. 426's had front mounted distributors.

Back