• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Here's another

agentg

This is another 120mm fig I did a while back. If I posted this before, my apologies. I suffer from CRS, Can't Remember Stuff! :(

DSCF0397.jpg

DSCF0398.jpg

DSCF0399.jpg

Hi G.

That is a fine looking Marine there. The attention to detail you have put into this figure is fantastic. I really like the effects you have on the wood of the rifle and the handle of his bayonet. All around a great job. Did you do this with oils, or acrylics?

Gary B)

Thank You!

After priming I used Vallejo acrylic for all the major areas, to include the face, all shading on the uniform, camo, and web gear.

Oils were used for certain areas, I used washes of burnt umber on the rifle stock, boots and web gear. WWII era M1 Garands had wood stocks that were stained almost a dark purple from the factory. It faded after use to a reddish brown, especially in the areas where held. I think I rendered that quite well. ;)

The metal portions of the rifle itself were painted with a mix of Humbrol gunmetal and a tiny amount of dark green. That replicates the tint of the parkerized finish. ;)

This was painted after my first visit to the MMSI show in Chicago, talk about inspiration!

G

*Edit*

After writing this I started thinking (scary thought I know). This depicts the Iwo Jima invasion in January of 1945. It came to me that I joined the Corps less than thirty years later. Man I'm getting old!

Back