• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Help me out! Paint mix ratio.

Mo_

Im wating on the upcoming zero kit from eduard and gathering IJN paints. According to the instructuions on there website, you will have to mix two colors to get the camo color. The mix calls for 70% of one and 30% of the other. Would that be same as 7 drops and 3 drops?

The mix calls for 70% of one and 30% of the other. Would that be same as 7 drops and 3 drops?
Yes, it does. Yet, why not buy the correct paints? Several companies make them and no need to worry about mixing (unless you already have the 'ingredients' at hand.

Regards,

Thanks, I thought so but wanted to check. Ok, do we have a In house IJN expert? Eduard wants you to mix colors to get the interior color and the main exterior color. I did buy 4 IJN colors. They are AK real colors.

I'm pretty sure the interior color is the Mitsubishi interior green. Its the exterior color that was me thrown off some.

Last edited:
I run into this quite a bit with Tamiya acrylics, my favourite paint but gawd I wish they’d make some more colours!
I ended up buying graduated pipettes, maybe that’s an idea?

@Mo_, I didn't realize you updated your post to show the colors you bought. I am glad that you got both interior colors as you need to first find out which company built the specific aircraft so you can choose the correct color.

As for the external colors, anything Japanese I use Japanese books (as I am no expert on their military) such as Maru Mechanic, Model Art, and Gakken. Online, this is the best resource to use:

J-Aircraft

The link above takes you to their Peral Harbor research page with colors, markings, and such.

Regards,

I run into this quite a bit with Tamiya acrylics, my favourite paint but gawd I wish they’d make some more colours!
I ended up buying graduated pipettes, maybe that’s an idea?
The OP mentions AK Real Colors,they are remarkably similar to Tamiya acrylics,only a much bigger color line.I thin them with lacquer thinner and they spray just like Tamiya.Check them out for sure !!!

Back