• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Help for photo-etcheds

Hi guys!

I going to build a Tamiya bicycle with Voyager Model photo-etched.
I would like to know if you have built this any time.

Bicis-b.jpg

Bici-photo-3b.jpg

Bici-photo-1.jpg

Bici-photo-2.jpg

I need suggestions, notices, etc etc.

Thank you so much.

Yago.

hi there yago. I am just starting to try pe and have the most primitive tools to use for this but i can already tell that the kit and upgrade would no doubt make my head explode :blink

I was dreading the wheel spokes but so long as you take your time they go together quite well. The biggest headache for me was filling and sanding the joins down the middle of each tyre. Sanding and trying not to crumple the etch spokes was awkward but it is worth it in the end. You just can't beat etched spokes compared to the kit plastic.

Everything else went together easily enough for tiny etched parts.

Ozzie Jo wrote:
I was dreading the wheel spokes but so long as you take your time they go together quite well. The biggest headache for me was filling and sanding the joins down the middle of each tyre. Sanding and trying not to crumple the etch spokes was awkward but it is worth it in the end. You just can't beat etched spokes compared to the kit plastic.

Everything else went together easily enough for tiny etched parts.

HEADACHE? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I'll try to do it slowly and calmly.

Thanks guys!

Yago.

Back